bossfan

NCO Calling, billing me for a current Cap I account? WTF?

How can NCO be calling me six times a day and sending me a notice that Cap 1 has placed our current (although over the limit due to a late fee) CC account with them for collection? Please, tell me I can sue these bastards.

NCO is scum. That's the second time I've said that today. ;)

Six calls in a day is clearly harassment to me, although I guess it's up to the judge. You could sue them for an FDCPA violation on that alone.

I would suggest that you file complaints with your state AG, and the PA AG. NCO is based in PA, and they just got done paying a large settlement with PA for exactly this kind of behavior.

Read this thread for more details:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270168

I'd also suggest you do a search for NCO on these boards. You'll find out a lot about them.

Next, have you called Cap One? What do they say about your account? Maybe Cap One did place it with them for collection.

Technically, anytime you break any part of the CC agreement, they can make the full balance due immediately and can send you to collections. The best thing you can do is to get that balance below the limit or you might end up with more troubles then NCO calling you. :goodluck:

Send them a request for validation of the debt, and then wait thirty days, al so send them a do not call. After that record every call they make to you. send your letter certified, with return receipt. get your paper work together. If they do not respond within 30 -45 days. go to small claims court and file a lawsuit. you will win hands down

i am glad consumers are standing up to these so called debt collectors, lets sue the pants of of them for every violation and mistake they make. They are used to peolple who dont know the laws and thier rights.