jklscore

Is it impossible to remove AMEX charge off???

I have Amex chargeoff which I fully paid on 2/2004 to NCO. After I disputed to CR, the record got dropped off on Experian but TU and EQ remained. I am scared to dispute again because it may cause Amex to look into it closely and realize that Exp got deleted.

What should I do?

try calling them and ask about the oasis program. I did that program and they changed the negative to a positive and gave me a new tradeline with the old limit. Of course only do this if you want an Amex account.

Do a search for oasis and you will find more info

I did that program and they changed the negative to a positive and gave me a new tradeline with the old limit.

Are you sure they changed the negative to positive ? From what I know Amex never does that. The oasis program as you mentioned allows you to get a NEW optima card with 50% of your old balance if you PAY IN FULL. So you will end up having 1 negative and one positive. Amex is very very strict about removing charge offs.

Can you tell me who you spoke with or the number you called to get that offer ?

I got my Amex charge off completely removed from my reports. I called and spoke to someone in the credit bureau department. It was mine and a legitimate trade line, however, she said that she could remove it and it was gone the next day. I was also sent a letter and it has never reappeared.