Getting even with Asset

Me too! They re-aged my account by almost 7 years. Are you going to file in small claims court? I dont know exactly what to do to sue, but I'll find out Monday morning when I go to the courthouse to get some information.

Good luck to you.

They have re-aged an account they say is mine. They sent a statement with the years on it. However, the fall off date is two years beyond what it should be,on my credit reports.......... if the account is even mine.

This is what they have done to me as well. but when i ask for validation they sent nothing. I sent them a final letter and told them i was reporting them to the bbb ohio ag and the ftc. i gave them 16 days to reply if they don't then i am filing suit. The account they say i owe isn"t mine unless it is an account from 1990.

I sent them several letters requesting DV and they ignored me. One day I finally called them and that's how I got a letter. As usual, it was on their letterhead and it had different balances than what's on my credit reports.

I sent letters to MI and TX AGs and that finally got their attention. Not fast enough, though, 'cause they're still at it after several weeks.

Be very careful if you decide to call them. They will try to push your buttons until you stoop down to their level. They are careful with what they say, but the tone and the yelling can be irritating. Keep your cool and don't fall for their little game of: "are you saying this and that?"

just make sure not to acknowledge anything and turn it around on them: "you're the one saying it. i'm neither admitting nor denying anything because i have no knowledge of this debt..."

As for my lawsuit, I'm not going to small claims. And since I'm not doing it for the money, I'm not gonna accept NDAs.

Thanks! She's not even a lawyer???? I called several times and even though I had her extension, she never answered, so I talked to other ppl there and they would all transfer me back to her extension.

And it was their legal Department!!!!! They were under strict orders not to discuss anything.

Just when you think they can't sink any lower... they go and prove you wrong!

They have a default judgment against me that I would have been able to dismiss, knowing what I now know.

IF a class action suit is ever filed against them. I will happily join!

Go to ripoffreport.com to see all that others have posted. I recently found this site, and am amazed as to what they get away with!