Officially Done With Repair

direred

I've gone from:

31 baddies on EX to 1

29 baddies on TU to 2

29 baddies on EQ to 2

The remaining baddies aren't goodwillable (I've tried) and will fall off in 2009 and 2010. They're just 30-day lates.

For reference, I started with 12 CAs/JDBs and 7 charge-offs.

So what kind of score did you start with an when did you start? What scores do you have now?

EX 485 -> 648 (+163)

TU 504 -> 651 (+147)

EQ 543 -> 598 (+55)

Right now, because I changed scorecards, I'm being hit very hard for new accounts (8 in the last year) and utilization (I'm carrying a promo rate high balance on a Citi card that doesn't report limit or high balance).

So once that calms down, it'll be much better.

FICO simulator says paying down 90% in six months will bring TU up to 721 (+70) and EQ up to 698 (+100).

ETA: I started my repair a month before I joined here, so it's almost exactly three years for me.

I have got my CR almost cleaned up -- using resources at this site over the last 18 months I got rid of sol BK, CA, AU accounts, etc. that were being reported. I was even successful getting rid of some inquiries. EX has been the biggest problem.

However, I went from a FICO of in the mid 500's in 2005 to 'NO' FICO score at all from any of the CRAs now.

So when I saw you post I wondered if you have a FICO score at all now?

I didn't mean to hijack this thread -- so I apologize.

I was in a terrible auto accident in 1995; was a single mom with 3 kids, and my exH was unemployed and did not pay any child support. I was self employed as a wholesale sales rep -- and I supported my kids and myself with my commissions. Had car, house and moderate amount of bills and A+++ credit. Then I could not work and was in physical rehab 3-4 days a week for almost a year. Was able to pay the bills for about 18 months and then everything went bad because I still could not work. Car was repossessed; house was foreclosed on -- thought I had situation resolved, but the deal fell through -- so I filed Chap 13 BK -- but it was too late to save my house, and I let the BK be dismissed -- that was 6/1998. The insurance company finally paid in 8/1999, way too late to save me from all of the agony, but at least I had cash to start life over.

I allowed lots of time to pass and did not even apply for any credit. Then in late 2005 I started with the "Good Credit is Sexy'.

Earlier this year I went back at credit repair in earnest because of JDBs that were hitting me for SOL accounts, and also because the SOL was finally running out on tax liens and the BK.

Everyone on this site has been so helpful -- There is no way I can say thank you enough for all of the help and advice.

So again, I apologize for hijacking the thread.....and, yes, I have just recently gotten a secured credit card so I can start rebuilding my credit.

New question: once I have made timely payments on it for a couple months what type of FICO will I have?

So again, I apologize for hijacking the thread.....and, yes, I have just recently gotten a secured credit card so I can start rebuilding my credit.

New question: once I have made timely payments on it for a couple months what type of FICO will I have?

No worries and good for you.

As for what sort of FICO you'll have, that depends on your report and how you rank relative to other members of your pool (that have similar credit).

Welcome to the boring life of post credit repair, lol.

All you can do now is click on "request credit line increase" every couple months for excitement. I still have my TC acct, although I don't pull daily or need it for B* anymore. I just check monthly to make sure nothing funny is going on.

Congratz Faucet Lady.

I second that. We need these credit repair veterns around to help us newbies out.

Congrats on your success.

Thanks! Alas, I've been desperately neglecting my creative writing, so I've finished almost nothing since I completed grad school 3-1/2 years ago. Guess what I was doing instead? Lawsuits, civil procedure homework, that stuff.

So, I'll be around, but much less. Now that I don't have lawsuit income 8] , I'm going to have to figure out how to sell stories to make that extra income. xdancex

I've gone from:

31 baddies on EX to 1

29 baddies on TU to 2

29 baddies on EQ to 2

The remaining baddies aren't goodwillable (I've tried) and will fall off in 2009 and 2010. They're just 30-day lates.

For reference, I started with 12 CAs/JDBs and 7 charge-offs.

direred! I'm very proud of you and all of your hard work and accomplishments!

Excellent job, you are an inspiration to others.

Double thumbs up!