ndbilly

Disputing Inquiries

when disputing inquiries is there a limit as to how many you should send to the Credit Bureaus ?? I have 8 with Trans Union and want to send them all together.

Is this OK / also is there a format with any of the bureaus where you can dispute inquiries online.

thank you for your help

when disputing inquiries is there a limit as to how many you should send to the Credit Bureaus ?? I have 8 with Trans Union and want to send them all together.

Is this OK / also is there a format with any of the bureaus where you can dispute inquiries online.

thank you for your help

Disputing inquiries to the CRA's will get you absolutely nowhere. You need to go to the creditor that put the inquiry on your CR and ask them to remove the inquiry. That is the only way to get an inquiry removed.

1fly, I gotta say..."WHAT !!!!!" :-)

Actually ndbilly, you can dispute an inq with EQ quite easily and successfully get it removed I might add.....

and you can get the others removed as well from the other CRA's,

Search - removing inquiries - on this site

this topic has been discussed hundreds of times already.

:-)

Maybe my case was different. I did have many unauthorized pulls. To top it off these were double and in two cases triple pulls.

Out of 15 I got rid of all but 4 through the CRA's. Via cmrr.

That was EQ

Had none on EX

TU won't do anything though. That has to go to the creditor who pulled.

1fly, I gotta say..."WHAT !!!!!" :-)

All 3 CRA's told me they will not remove inquiries.

Actually ndbilly, you can dispute an inq with EQ quite easily and successfully get it removed I might add.....

and you can get the others removed as well from the other CRA's,

Search - removing inquiries - on this site

this topic has been discussed hundreds of times already.

IF you look up on this same page/screen you will see a sticky on inquiries. http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260358. In that Sticky it clearly states that CRA's will NOT remove inquiries. I tested that last week by calling them and asking what is the procedure for removing inquiries and found the sticky to be true. All 3 said NO on removing any inquiries prior to 24 months and that I must deal with the CA that put the inquiry on there if I want it removed. That there is no dispute process for inquiries.

:-)

Hi,

Although they should not be deleted before the 2 yr period is up, it's very possible to get them deleted. I've had success deleting EQ and TU but EX refuses to delete. All I can do is wait for them to fall off.

There are more important things that I have to fix on my report.

Are you sure those inquiries aren't past the Statute of Limitations and shouldn't have been on your CR's and that's why they were removed?

Because I just called all 3 CRA's last week and asked about inquiries and they stated exactly what was said in the sticky and said they never accept disputes of inquiries or remove inquiries(unless SOL) and that I had to take it up with the CA and get them to remove them.

Are you sure those inquiries aren't past the Statute of Limitations and shouldn't have been on your CR's and that's why they were removed?

Because I just called all 3 CRA's last week and asked about inquiries and they stated exactly what was said in the sticky and said they never accept disputes of inquiries or remove inquiries(unless SOL) and that I had to take it up with the CA and get them to remove them.

Go to the board link and you will see how many people have success in this.It is done online without a phone call.I also lost quite a few inquiries due to bumping them off with my daily puller.

Go to the board link and you will see how many people have success in this.It is done online without a phone call.I also lost quite a few inquiries due to bumping them off with my daily puller.

Well I'll give it a try and see what happens.

How many daily pulls does it take to bump one inquiry off? It this like a hard limit or is it different depending on the type of inquiry?

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263630

Go here for equifax.

Sign up for a daily puller like TC for transunion.Pull your report every day and your TU hards will come off. Experian you may have to live with.

Y will the hards come off if you pull the report everyday?? I pull about every other day, so will that work?

Y will the hards come off if you pull the report everyday?? I pull about every other day, so will that work?

Yes. It works for TU because they can only hold a certain number of inquiries, both soft and hard inquiries. What you're doing by pulling your account is inquiring on yourself, thereby adding another soft inquiry. As your CR fills up with soft inquiries, eventually the hard ones start falling off.

You could do the same thing, bump old inquiries off with new, if you went and applied for a hundred credit card apps. Of course, that wouldn't be terribly bright, as those are hard inquiries and would show up when someone checks your report.

This method doesn't work for EQ and EX, but it's not nonsense.

I have had 7 removed from Eq since 5/19/07 just disputing online as not mine. I too thought the Tu thing "bumping" was crazy, but after faithfully pulling Tu almost EVERY day since May, I've had 6 fall off in the past 4 days. Just keep pulling on true credit, they will eventually come off. Good luck!xdancex

What is the phone number for EQ?

I thought they only took online and written disputes.

I don't have the # with me right now because I don't have a current eq cr but if you still want it pm me and I'll give it to you later.

But yes, I was able to dispute all my inq on eq via the phone and when I updated the next day they were ALL gone.

I think the general consensus on this thread is that it isn't nonsense.

You mean to tell us that simply pulling your credit report causes inquiries to drop of????:neutral:

Excuse me but I find that hard to believe. I have been pulling my CR with TC and things don't simply drop off by pulling your CR daily. Atleast not for me.

It will happen eventually. I suppose it is as they say..the size of your file.

I have had bumps through TC. For me, it's taken about 3 months, but I don't update daily. Some get it done faster.