ndbilly

Disputing Inquiries

Why is this topic still alive is beyond me? All of your questions have been answered multiple times with links? If you wish to keep your current view,there is no reason to continue harping on the masses that it has worked for.xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex

My thoughts exactly; I think 1fly just needs the attention.

What ever fly.

O.K. I'm not sure why my inquiries have fallen off my TU report....

Well that is EXACTLY my point.

ALL my inquiries on TU were well UNDER THE 2 YEAR SOL (not even close to 2 years), I started looking at my credit report EVERYDAY on TRUE CREDIT, after 3-4 months my INQUIRIES DROPPED OFF/BECAME SOFT ON MY TU CREDIT REPORT. I NOW HAVE ZERO INQUIRIES on TU.

You just stated above that you didn't know what exactly was causing your inquiries to drop off. But now you are back to the Urban Legend. SO How do you know that the inquiries dropped off because you were pulling/viewing your credit report through True Credit? How do you know that this is what caused the inquiries to drop off. Perhaps IF you had not viewed your credit daily they would have simply come off anyway? Have you considered that possibility?

What bugs me is why you read all the people that say "Yes it works" on TU but you continue to say "it does not work for me". Yet people have stated that it could take up to 4 months of daily pulls to make it happen, and you have only done it 60+ tiimes.

Who cares if it only works on TU, IT WORKS BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

It appears you and a few others are still having trouble grasping my point. ONCE AGAIN, how do you know that viewing your credit report with True Credit is the reason Inquiries are no longer appearing on your credit report?

Again if you don't believe it then don't, cancel your TC report and save your money.

I don't believe that viewing a credit report can have any bearing on removing inquiries or any other negative TL from CR's from TU or EQ. Also I didn't subscribe to True Credit with the intention of removing inquiries. I have the service to monitor my credit and it is helpful to me so I will continue to use the service. Removing those 6 inquiries was well worth the money.

What ever you do stop doubting what people have done.

Whatever I do......?Why is it so necessary to you that I must believe you and this theory?. I am skeptical regarding what is truely causing inquiries to drop off a CR. That shouldn't bother you, but it seems very upsetting to you and a handful of others. I suggest you work on trying to have a rational logical adult discussion without getting yourself upset.

You are KNOCKING everyone here who says they have removed inquires by doing a daily pull on TC.

I am not KNOCKING anyone.

incognito:

Please take your name calling and personal attacks elsewhere. Once you have stooped to that level, all constructive and informative debate evaporates and anything and everything you say is no longer taken as a valid argument.

Thank you.

There is no reason for anyone to get upset over a credit repair discussion.

Nobody is getting upset, it's just the point that you continue to say the same thing over and over and over.

Well, they may have been close to SOL. Mine were not even close to SOL.

All 6 of mine are gone on TU. Not even close to SOL.

I really don't care how, where the inquiries went but they are gone. I did not do anything different than anyone else on this board except update my CR through TC. 120 days later I have ZERO inquiries on TU. Where did they go? Who cares they are gone and it caused my score to go up.

If you care to believe it or not they are gone. I believe it was becasue I bumped them off (TU) by pulling my credit report. You wish to believe that cannot happen. To each his own.

All I ask is that when you continue to look at your credit report (refreshed) on TC and your inquiries are gone or going down on (TU). Come back and tell us that.

Nobody is getting upset, it's just the point that you continue to say the same thing over and over and over.

I would say that when individuals resort to personal attacks they are becoming upset and acting inappropriately. Unfortunately instead of having an adult dialog and a calm discussion some have become upset and resorted to childish name calling. I respond to other persons posts. They have said the same thing over and over again and I have continued to take my position and others have taken their position. I see no harm in that other than people resorting to personal attacks.

Well, they may have been close to SOL. Mine were not even close to SOL.

All 6 of mine are gone on TU. Not even close to SOL.

I really don't care how, where the inquiries went but they are gone. I did not do anything different than anyone else on this board except update my CR through TC. 120 days later I have ZERO inquiries on TU. Where did they go? Who cares they are gone and it caused my score to go up.

If inquiries are coming off your CR KUDO's to you. That is what we are after. I am interested in this belief/theory that HARD INQUIRIES can be removed by viewing/pulling on TrueCredit. I want to "get to the bottom" of this and explore what is truely causing Hard Inquiries to drop off a CR. I question it is due to simply viewing ones CR on TC.

If you care to believe it or not they are gone. I believe it was becasue I bumped them off (TU) by pulling my credit report. You wish to believe that cannot happen. To each his own.

I am open minded about it, it don't see how that is doing it. I would like to hear some more substantive facts regarding why this occurs. I have heard that it is due to "No More Room" on a CR. I don't accept that explanation.

All I ask is that when you continue to look at your credit report (refreshed) on TC and your inquiries are gone or going down on (TU). Come back and tell us that.

IF that occurs I will let you know.

What I can add to the Great Urban Legend INQUIRY theories is this.

I have found the above Sticky to be partially true. Initially I found the STICKY to be true. I contacted all 3 CRA's regarding inquiries and they ALL blew me off and said they do not accept disputes regarding HARD INQUIRIES. I attempt removal for a few weeks to no result.

Recently I had FRAUD ALERTS placed upon my CR's. Today I called EX and had a "HARD INQUIRY" removed. It was from BOA and I had been working with BOA to get the inquiry removed. They did a HI on 4/22 and another on 5/2 when I applied for their CC. BOA said they have been writing to EX to have it removed. I called EX today and they removed it <<<Due to the fact it was within 1 month of another inquiry by BOA>>>>So if a creditor does double pulls within a month you can get EX to remove one of them. Keep this in mind when you view your EX.

I also removed two "HARD INQUIRIES" from TU today. One from a CA (NCO grp)and another from BOA. I called them and both were removed and it is currently reflected on my TC. I believe the fact I had a Fraud Alert on my CR's contributed to this success.

I just disputed my inquiries on EX last month through the mail. Got a letter back that says they do not delete inquiries to take it up with the creditor. Mailed another dispute letter the next day and now they are all being investigated and some have been deleted. The same thing happened with TU. I disputed in writing and I got the "we don't delete these" letter. Then my inquiries started disappearing one by one every time I refreshed my report. I am a true believer in the bumpage theory. Why would they disappear in chronological order from the oldest to newest like that? Is that the right use of the word chronological?:Blonde:

Fly, I agree with you that somtimes people do not agree and get out of hand.

I understand that you are trying to figure out "What this Urban legand is" and why it works.

No body knows why, unless you have a fraud alert on your CR then you can dispute inquiries.

People on this board may not want to know how or why, BUT when they use the bumpage method that is describded on this site, the inquiries on TU disappear. Also, when they use the method of on-line dispute for inquiries they seem to disappear. Nobody knows why? It has happened for more than just 1 person on this site and will continue to happen, it may not be in the first 60 days or 120 days but somehow, someway inquiries that are not close to SOL and even attached to a tradeline disappear.

When you call the CB, they are going to quote the law becasue they have to. Nobody in their right mind that works for a CB would say "here is how you bump/dispute inquiries" that would get them fired. Also no CB is going to tell you that their is only so many places for soft/hard inquiries but it does make sence.

I had hard inquiries on my credit report, pulled my credit report on TC and now those hard inquiries are gone on TU. That is what shows on MYFICO credit report ZERO inquiries on TU. Do I care how/why? Nope just that they are gone.

You want to get to the bottom of how they disappear, I don't think you will ever know, except that when people bump inquires disappear.

This site found a "GO AROUND" to have inquiries removed...let it be....just know it works.

Fly, I agree with you that somtimes people do not agree and get out of hand.

I understand that you are trying to figure out "What this Urban legand is" and why it works.

Nope not trying to figure out why it works. It doesn't work. Pulling your credit report has nothing to do with what is reflected on your credit report.

No body knows why, unless you have a fraud alert on your CR then you can dispute inquiries.

People on this board may not want to know how or why, BUT when they use the bumpage method that is describded on this site, the inquiries on TU disappear.

They may very well fall off on their own with nothing to do with viewing your credit report. One action does not necessaarily have anything to do with another.

Also, when they use the method of on-line dispute for inquiries they seem to disappear. Nobody knows why? It has happened for more than just 1 person on this site and will continue to happen, it may not be in the first 60 days or 120 days but somehow, someway inquiries that are not close to SOL and even attached to a tradeline disappear.

When you call the CB, they are going to quote the law becasue they have to. Nobody in their right mind that works for a CB would say "here is how you bump/dispute inquiries" that would get them fired. Also no CB is going to tell you that their is only so many places for soft/hard inquiries but it does make sence.

A fabricated theory of wishful thinking.

I had hard inquiries on my credit report, pulled my credit report on TC and now those hard inquiries are gone on TU.

And the inquiry dropping off had nothing to do with viewing your credit report on TC.

That is what shows on MYFICO credit report ZERO inquiries on TU. Do I care how/why? Nope just that they are gone.

You want to get to the bottom of how they disappear, I don't think you will ever know, except that when people bump inquires disappear.

No they don't viewing a credit report doesn't make inquiries fall off.

This site found a "GO AROUND" to have inquiries removed...let it be....just know it works.

It doesn't work viewing a credit report has nothing to do with inquiries going on or off your credit report.

I am not sure if it works...the IDEA that it MIGHT is enough for me. I have to think that when one pulls their credit report that on some level, a PULL is a PULL is a PULL. They have to record the fact that it WAS pulled SOMEWHERE. Typically, that is reported in the soft inquiries section. I would imagine that with time, it may have some effect on the other reports if one were to continue pulling their credit.

It hasn't necessarily worked for ME...than again I only JUST started a couple weeks back AND didn't realize that I needed to go through the actual "update" manuever for it to actually pull my CURRENT credit report. Yes, I had a serious blond moment to. I had been pulling and pulling my credit and wondering how come the friggin' DATE never changed!!!! Felt like an idiot. Either way, why is this worth arguing over?

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. Either way, it's ok. What DID work for me? Disputing my inquiries electronically for Equifax. I had 8 and now I have four.

Elyse

I am not sure if it works...the IDEA that it MIGHT is enough for me. I have to think that when one pulls their credit report that on some level, a PULL is a PULL is a PULL. They have to record the fact that it WAS pulled SOMEWHERE. Typically, that is reported in the soft inquiries section. I would imagine that with time, it may have some effect on the other reports if one were to continue pulling their credit.

It hasn't necessarily worked for ME...than again I only JUST started a couple weeks back AND didn't realize that I needed to go through the actual "update" manuever for it to actually pull my CURRENT credit report. Yes, I had a serious blond moment to. I had been pulling and pulling my credit and wondering how come the friggin' DATE never changed!!!! Felt like an idiot. Either way, why is this worth arguing over?

Don't feel bad. It took me a few days to find the update button also.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. Either way, it's ok.

Most definately. There is no evidence that it hurts your CR to do this.

What DID work for me? Disputing my inquiries electronically for Equifax. I had 8 and now I have four.

I have recently had some success also. I have had 3 removed. 1 from EX and 2 from TU, I did that over the phone. Now I am down to 2 on TU and EX and 0 on EQ

Elyse

Nope not trying to figure out why it works. It doesn't work. Pulling your credit report has nothing to do with what is reflected on your credit report. Prove it, your telling us it does not work tell us why it does not work.

They may very well fall off on their own with nothing to do with viewing your credit report. One action does not necessaarily have anything to do with another. Then what is happening to them? Under SOL? Prove your theroy on why all these people on this board are loosing inquiries using bumpage.

A fabricated theory of wishful thinking.The law is the law.

No they don't viewing a credit report doesn't make inquiries fall off.Again prove it....

It doesn't work viewing a credit report has nothing to do with inquiries going on or off your credit report.Remember your not viewing your credit report your are refreshing your credit report everyday.

Nobody will ever please you on any answer they give you. Even when you continue to view your credit report and your TU inquiries become zero, you will not believe that it was bumpage and you'll never admit it. You'll come up with something like well I called them and they just removed them becasue I asked and they are so nice at the CB, even though they are not even close to SOL.

Here is another story for our believers in b. I started in March 2007 with six inquiries on each bureau. Today after my daily Credit Secure pull,I am down to zero on both Transunion & Equifax. Equifax I did dispute my inqs online just like everyone else.I had to b off the remaining two.On Transunion I got rid of all six strictly with b. This was accomplished strictly by pulling my daily tri merge thru Credit Secure.:mrgreen:

You mean that ridiculous speculation that there is no longer any room on your credit report and they have to delete something so they delete hard inquiries.

I am curious to find out if you believe in God and that God exists? I know I haven't seen him or seen any verifiable fact that he exists. Yet I believe. The point is either you believe that it works or you don't - no one here is pushing you to give Bumping a try. Nor do people in this forum really care to work on proving that this is not just a theory. Just like advice take it or leave it.

Once you are gone I would say stay gone.

Adios.

No you are CLAIMING that anyone can pull their CR from TC and have INQUIRIES and other negatives simply drop off.

I CALL BS. and I didn't get personal so quit whining.

This forum is built around people helping eachother. So please refrain from using words such as BS etc.

Well, just to add to the debate, I have dropped 5 inqs within 3 days from TU. I try to pull daily, I have not disputed any of the inqs. So??

I think I saw on another thread that someone explained that the systems hold a finite number of inquiries and once that number is reached, some will be deleted. As simple as that . I tend to believe it because, I have done quite a few pulls in the last few months and now getting some bumpage. Yeah!!

1flyfisher, that sounds GREAT! It's nice to FINALLY see results. Now matter the means, as long as we're seeing results. Gotta have the boost now and again, lol.

The only thing that's ticking me off NOW is that Experian is reporting FOUR separate INQ's for a credit pull in Nov. 2006. I was attempted to refi and apparently it pulled FOUR times...now under THOSE circumstances, why NOT delete??? MORONS. TU got three and EQ got three...I think it was the company though so I should go after them, and I will...but still. Why would a mortgage company pull THREE/FOUR times in one day?

Elyse

I Have True Credit 2 Months Now - No B- Yet. I Believe & Will Keep Waiting.

I Have A Fraud Alert On My Cr, All 3, Have Gotten In Touch With All Inquirys, Mostly All The Same, Mortgage Companys. I've Argued Sent Letter, Argued Again With Exp & Tu, Nothing They Won't Budge I Have 18 Inqs On Each Except Exq I Only Have 4. I've Read Here People Have Great Success Disputing Inquirys, What Can I Do Exactly, I'm Desperate!!!!!

To the skeptics out there, I would like to confirm that b* or bumping does work! You can only bump hard inquiries off of your TU and EQ reports. It bumps much faster on TU than EQ. You must be subscribed to a 3-in-1 credit monitoring services like Truecredit, Amex Credit Secure, Privacy Matters, etc and pull your report daily.

I am subscribed to both Truecredit, amex credit secure, and credit alert. I pull my report daily and I have 0 inquires on my transunion credit file. I only have 2 inquiries on my Equifax report due to recent requests for CLI's...but i'm hoping to bump them off.

Another tidbit, if you are subscribed to Equifax's scorewatch or credit watch gold, it will actually negatively affect your quest to bump the hard inquiries from your EQ credit file. Those services have been known to cause C* or choppage of your soft inquiries and it would make it virtually impossible to bump them off unless you are lucky.

As for disputing EX inquiries, there is a way but I caution everyone of the consequences!!! It is very likely that if you dispute a hard inquiry that is tied to an active tradeline, the tradeline will be deleted forever. It is also possible that the creditor can take legal action against you, but it is a very small chance.

In any event, you must have a fraud alert on your Experian report for this to work. You must then contact Experian and ask to be transferred to their fraud department or special handling department. Once you get transferred, they will actually ask you which inquiries you are disputing as fraud. Then you just have to wait for the investigation to complete which can take up to 30 days. Keep in mind that a fresh 90 day fraud alert will the be added to the other two CRA's.

B* does work. I now have only 1 inq. on TU, and it was from 7-18-07, Yeah. Hopefully, that will be coming off soon. Now as for EX and EQ, that is another story. I have tried the method mentioned on another thread. Disputed yesterday, so we will see.