judge granted judgement against me.have a question

State: California (San Diego)

Went to court in March 12 2007, debt was mine (household finance). Judge granted judgement.

However, the Judge did ask HFC that they must recaculate the interest, because I made a payment last year in april and instead of it going towards the debt, the collection atty for HFC applied towards court cost, and they were not suppose to do that. So the Judge told them that they must resubmit total cost with correct interest, before he actually grants the judgement.

I recieved on 7/09/2007 a copy of memorandum of costs aft judgment acknowledgement from the HFC Atty: is says that the accrued interest is $64.01.

On 7/12/07 I recieved a voicemail at work from the OC to contact them. Should I contact them? Do you think they want to settle thats why their calling me? Because If they want to settle; I dont have it.

My question is how long will it take to show on all CRA's. And I heard that the CRA's really dont search the records to add them on your credit file.

Its Lexis Nexus or something like that. (is there a law to avoid that from happening?) I mean if there isn't: Then they should be paying us for displaying and selling our records to the CRA's.

My other question, once the judgement shows up on credit file does anyone know how much that drops your credit score?

They already got a judgment against you, so I don't see how it would hurt... unless you make things easy for them to collect. It's too late for a settlement. They already won. Maybe you can work out your payment plan or something. Do not disclose bank account info or they may try to seize your accounts. Apparently they know where you work, so they may try to garnish your wages. Show your willingness to pay so they don't have to "impose" the judgment on you.

Judgments are public records. So you can't charge anybody for distributing your public record information.

How soon it shows depends on the court where you were sued. Some of them make it easy for lurkers like Nexis Lexis to get all the info electronically and in some places they have to get the records manually. So there is not a set period of time. Sometimes they never get them.

Not sure how many points your credit score is going down. But it will be a major negative factor.

At this point, the OC is contacting you to assess what assets they can seize. I would advise that you don't willingly help them. Make them go through the motions-- judgment debtor exams, etc. Do yourself a favor and change banks too.

Your judgment will show on your credit report within 45 days or so.

A judgment on your credit report will probably drop your score over 100 points. When I got my 1st judgment, my score fell about 95 points. After 2 or 3 then they don't even affect your score at all.

Its Lexis Nexus or something like that. (is there a law to avoid that from happening?) I mean if there isn't: Then they should be paying us for displaying and selling our records to the CRA's.

The courts don't report the information to the CRA's or to anyone in fact, it is public information so the CRA's pay abstacts to go to the courthouses and obtain the information. Remember, anything negative in your credit file benifits the CRA's financially.

HMM, Possibly a drop in 100 points or so for having a judment?. Crap!, I was already cleaning up my report!

What if the OC offers a settlement anyways, even though they were granted the judgement? Can I do it and request that they vacate the judment on those conditions? Is that possble?