I don't owe them a dime!!!

Yippee! I talked to my CU's attorney today! He put it quite bluntly... but I don't owe the settlement company a dime! YAY!

xdancex xdancex xdancex xdancex xdancex xdancex xdancex

I probably can't get the $300 that I already paid them back... but at least I won't have to give them any more money!

Yippee! I talked to my CU's attorney today! He put it quite bluntly... but I don't owe the settlement company a dime! YAY!

xdancex xdancex xdancex xdancex xdancex xdancex xdancex

I probably can't get the $300 that I already paid them back... but at least I won't have to give them any more money!

great job.

Yep... he looked over the contract I signed with the settlement company and he said that "they can't do that". LOL! This is the part of the contract I'm talking about:

15. Withdrawal: Either Party may discharge the other at any time by written notice. Client understands that any

request to terminate this Agreement and withdraw from the CNI program must be in writing and received by CNI at

least five (5) business days prior to any scheduled electronic debit in order to stop such debit. Client understands

that if Client terminates this Agreement, all fees paid by Client up to the date of withdrawal are non-refundable.

Client understands that the Retainer Fee is due in full upon delivery of signed Agreement to CNI to cover initial

expenses incurred by CNI. For the benefit of Client, CNI permits Client to pay the Retainer Fee over the first 3

months. In the event Client fails to make any payment as set forth in this Agreement, then Client shall be deemed to

have terminated this Agreement as of the date that said payment was due.

I represent that I have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the terms of this Debt Negotiation

Agreement in its entirety. I acknowledge that this Debt Negotiation Agreement has been explained to my full

satisfaction, and that I have no unanswered questions about the Debt Negotiation Agreement.

So after I got off the phone with him... I talked to the loan officer at my CU. She said that if the settlement company tries to give me problems about it (like try to report it as a debt on my CR or they harass me or some other bad thing) then to just give them a call and they would back me up. :D

Also, the checking account the settlement company was taking their payment from has been closed... so no more money for them no matter what! 8-)

But I am going to wait until all of the checks to my ccs have cleared and the accounts show that they have been paid before I give the settlement program my written notice of withdrawal. I wouldn't want them to panic and call up my creditors before the creditors got their money. The checks are getting dropped in the mail tonight... so it shouldn't take too long.