Can they do this?

Can someone tell me if Wells Fargo can do this? I spoke to the collection person there in order to get my account up-to- date. I have not paid them since June. I had an accident had to come up with money, I did not have enough money to take care of this situation. I was two months behind in my mortgage and had to get that caught up.

I told all this to the collection person, I know they do not care. I had originally called them to make arrangements; they would not work with me. One collection agent yelled at me and said I used the account I should pay. I spoke to 5 different people.

The lady called me today and said they could put me on a plan to pay one account $125 and the other pay $113.00 a month for 2 years and the would mark my Credit report paid as agreed ( I don't believe them), but the catch is that I have to let them have access to my checking account. I told her I did not want to do that, I was cancelling this account. I told her that I was going to pay with money orders, and a debit card (where I physically put money in the account). I was told I could not be on the plan without a checking account, this guarantees them to get the monthly payments.

The whole attitude changed, the agent told me that she would call my employer, and they would garnish my wages 25%. Also she said they would serve me on my job the papers for garnishment (I work on a military base, they wont' accept personal mail). I told her why would you do that, I am going to pay; I just cannot pay what you are asking.

As a matter of fact I told her I was going to start making my payments my next pay period. She said they would have to turn the information over to her manager. I told her to do what she must do. Also they wanted to record the conversation, I told her I do not want this recorded, she said they would not, I don't believe them.

Can they call my job and garnishment, I thought you had to be sued and get a judgment. I am still going to send them my payments.

I know this is lengthy; can someone shed a light on this situation?

Thanks

tsandy7

maybe you could find a middle ground.

you could open a checking account just to make their payments, so don't put too much money there. just enough to cover your payment and to keep it open.

easy solution and everybody is happy. call them again and try to negotiate.

They have to get a judgement to have your wages garnished. And you are smart not to let them have access to your banking information. What if you don't have the money in there when they want it? I'm sure people could share their neg experiences with that sort of thing. Money orders is the safest way to go.

I may try that,I opend an account where I actully put money in. I really don't care about this account. I can close it very quickly. I will only use this if I have to. The infromation that they do have is something I don't care about.

I don't have any money going there

Thanks for all the help. I have learned a lot on this site.

I am willing to help anyone that I can with with little I have learned.

Thanks again.

Tsandy7

Tsandy

You mention Wells Fargo, being two months late on your mortgage payments. The repayment plan you are talking about is called a forbearance. This is common, basically this is the last step before forcloser. It allows you to catch up and get back to a normal payment plan.

You mention collection agents contracting you. Is this for a smaller debt?

Mortgage companys nomally do not have agents calling people like you explain. It sounds like a smaller collection company.

The person who told you garnishing your pay check 25%, contacting your work, talking with your manager. They proably know, you dont know what they are saying. I think they trying to scare you.....

When a garnishment takes place, it is common for back taxes, allomony, child support.... I have never heard of paycheck being garnished for revolving debt......

my $00000.02.....:)++

Even if they tried to garnish you there is still the garnishee's response. If you were unemployed during the time of your accident or under any type of public assistance at any time 6 months prior to the garnishment they can't garnish you right away at least. Same with income, if there is a chance that you go below the poverty level that will stop the garnishment too. Just make sure you look up the laws on garnishment and responses in your state. They should be the same all around but at least you'll have a hard copy. I stopped a few garnishments in my time due to a technicality. :lol:

2ndTimeAround I am talking about a credit card account. It was not a morgtage.

I plan on paying this account, the problem is I don' t have the money to pay for the time period they want. I have learned a lot just from reading this site.

Thanks again.

Tsandy 7