Adding a Consumer Statement to your Credit Report: HELP!

I am trying to add a Consumer Statement to all three Credit Bureaus. I was able to do so with TU, but no luck with the 2. The problem is there are three people with the same name in my family ( I am the III ) and the other two's credit always seems to attache to mine or vice versa. Does someoen have any sujestions, or help thye can give? Does anyone have a sample they have used to request a Consumer Statement be added to there reports?

Thanks for any help given.

Cahoyle3:D

I am trying to add a Consumer Statement to all three Credit Bureaus. I was able to do so with TU, but no luck with the 2. The problem is there are three people with the same name in my family ( I am the III ) and the other two's credit always seems to attache to mine or vice versa. Does someoen have any sujestions, or help thye can give? Does anyone have a sample they have used to request a Consumer Statement be added to there reports?

Thanks for any help given.

Cahoyle3:D

Didi you dispute it with the credit bureaus? That would be your 1st step.

And, why would the other 2 cra's not allow you to place a statement?

My opinion is to get them to report correct and accurate information otherwise get anattorney to handle it. Attornies love these cases.

Good luck!

"...three people with the same name..."

You will always face the blending of files during a merged pull. It's inevitable because of the way the software functions.

Credit reports are pulled by matching data with the existing repositories. The first criteria is NAME, then ADDRESS. Doesn't sound like much, does it? But when you break it down into data fields it's actually a lot:

1) Last Name

2) Zip Code

3) First Name

4) First Name Variation

5) Street Address

6) Street Address Variation

7) City, State

8) City, State Variation

9) Middle Name

10) Middle Name Variation

11) Previous Street Address

12) Previous Street Address Variation

13) Previous City, State

12) Previous City, State Variation

13) Generational Designation

14) Social Security Number

15) Date of Birth or Age

(These are approximations of merge logic criteria and are not to be construed as gospel!)

Even when you remove the #'s which account for variations of the data, the software has to look long and hard before it sees a difference between two people who share the same name and address. So your files are always going to mix during a merged pull.

That said: Begin by making sure that your individual Consumer File (as defined by the FCRA) is clean and distinct with each CRA.

Then when your credit is pulled, be proactive. Inform the person/company pulling your CR that a mix might occur/has occurred in the past. Have a recent copy of your true CR on hand to present should problems occur.