What now?

shinyrims

ok I'm in Louisiana, I followed the credit repair steps from the website. I mailed letters that I received from the OC's, to the Big 3 stating my accounts were paid and some closed. Then I received letters from the Big 3 ststing that they cannot remove these accounts because it has not been 7 nor 10 yrs. What do I do now?

ok I'm in Louisiana, I followed the credit repair steps from the website. I mailed letters that I received from the OC's, to the Big 3 stating my accounts were paid and some closed. Then I received letters from the Big 3 ststing that they cannot remove these accounts because it has not been 7 nor 10 yrs. What do I do now?

Even if your accounts are paid, the CRA's do not have to remove them if they are still in the reporting period for your credit report. For example, if you have an account which is paid and closed in 2004, it will still stay on your report for the 7 yr. reporting period. You also want to be careful about removing paid accounts if they are tied to your credit history. :)++

Thanks, That's what I kinda figured, One more question. I'v got about 6 to 8 months left on 2 accounts that are going to drop off my report due to the 7yr. law. I have not been contacted by the OC nor the CA, Should I DV now or lay low until the SOL of 7yrs comes in March 2008?

How or where do I find out if the SOL clock resets in my state (Louisiana)after a payment is made?

:confused: