TSorad

NCO Again

Hi there everyone,

Just got a letter from NCO stating that they bought some of my debt :D This account was a World Bank/Victoria secret charge off for $383. I got the orginal charge off removed from all 3 CRA.

Now my $383 account is like $500 something, I'm also pretty sure it is past the sol.

Is there anything special I need to put in the DV letter since nco bought the debt and the oc says they have no information on the account?

I have 30 days to respond and really don't want this to be on my credit report.

Since NCO is the owner of the debt, the original creditor might not appear on your credit report. You need to know when your DOFD, date of first delinquency was to determine the SOL. :? The SOL for Washington is 3 yrs. for credit cards. If you DOFD was over 3 yrs. ago, then your debt is past the SOL.

NCO just bought the debt in June, the charge off from the oc (world bank/VS) has been on my report since 1999, but I just disputed and was removed. I believe it was charged off in 2002. I am sure it is out of SOL, but I don't want it to get back on my report.

I leave for Army Basic training in January and can't have anything unpaid on my report. That is why I am hoping to dv them and make them go away.

The SOL for Washington is 3 yrs. for credit cards. If you DOFD was over 3 yrs. ago, then your debt is past the SOL.

Just a heads-up for all Washingtonians...Someone just posted last week that their judge in Washington ruled the SOL was 6 years for credit cards. And from reading the statutes, I agree with him. I don't know where this 3 years thing comes from that everyone cites.

That said...if the debt is so old that you had it on your report in 1999, it is far past the SOL, be it 3 years or 6. It is still beyond the legal reporting time as well. The fact that NCO bought it does not change any of these dates.

Personally, I would suggest that you send them a C&D letter, and not talk to them at all. Keep an eye on your reports, and if they post anything, contest it. Then sue NCO for illegally posting derogatory information.