Something weird I noticed on CA calls

Silver1

A CA leaves repeated messages for an account I disputed. They want to "resolve" this over the phone and don't seem to understand written requests for validation. Sent them a notice not to call me, send your written communications if you want to, no phone calls. They don't get it, I'm keeping track of violations.

I noticed at first it was a woman leaving messages. Though her messages weren't exactly in the vein of "nice", they were brief and bland, in a businesslike tone. Nothing remarkable there.

Suddenly a deep-voiced thug from the same CA started leaving messages about the issue instead of the woman. Suddenly, instead of, "Please call us at XXXXXXXX as soon as possible" it was (cue deep, booming baritone voice) "YOU NEED TO CALL US SILVER, AT XXXXXXXX IMMEDIATELY. CALL NOW, THIS NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED IMMEDIATELY. I EXPECT YOUR PHONE CALL NO LATER THAN 7pm TODAY."

Anyone else notice stuff like that? What, are they going for psychological warfare? Get a guy with a scary-sounding voice to start leaving messages and I'll call back with my bank account number? Hmmph.

I haven't had this problem yet, but that's because when all my stuff went to collections, I'd already moved from the phone number they had on record for me. They were always a step behind. These most recent CA's are the only ones that have had my current number, and so far I've only dealt with Amy, who is a very condescending jerkhole that is probably 18 years old and fresh out of high school, but wants to get paid for collecting my account. Somebody should have told her you catch more flies with honey.

Silver1 -

Have you tried to look and see if this CA has a bond posted with TX per the Texas Finance Code 392 Debt Collection?

http://direct.sos.state.tx.us/debtco...s/DCSearch.asp

*IF* they have the bond posted and *IF* they make any violations of the TFC 392, then mail their insurance carrier (you can find out their insurance carrier on the above web site and then google the name) a letter, outlining the violations and make a claim against the bond.

I have a friend that I've been helping out for the last couple months with her credit. She's visited CIC but I haven't seen her register yet. Note to self: I better talk to her about that!

Anywho, she got tired of this once particular CA calling and decided to leave a personalized message on her answering machine for the next time they called. I believe it's Asset, but I'm not sure. Her message says something like this:

Hi, I can't take your call right now and if you're "Asset" I'm never taking your call. I suggest you check your inbox for the envelope that I sent CMRRR and you signed for on <date> and read it very carefully. Have a nice day and Oh, to my friends, leave a message. Bye

Personally, I wouldn't want to air my business on my answering machine like that but she did. :roll: They haven't left a message since. 8-)