Palisades with new Collection

jrdejavux

Hello everybody, today I updated my reports and there it was Palisades Collection, they are the only CA in my report as of now, they never sent me a dunning letter or anything. I will be sending them DV today. Do any of you have their fax number by chance ? I like use USPS and fax together. How bad are these guys ?

These scumbags put 3 CAs on my TU on Monday. One of the three had already been removed by TU about 45 days ago. I'm still waiting for my 5 day notice of reinsertion. I sent my DVs on Tuesday despite not having a dunning letter for ANY of the three.

Ok these scumbags got my DV letters on 7-19. I checked TC this morning and all 3 are off my report. Here is the letter I sent them. I used the same one for all 3 accounts and just changed the amounts and account numbers....

Palisades Collection LLC

210 Sylvan Avenue

Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632

July 16, 2007

Re: Collection Account #: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to an entry made on my TransUnion credit report dated July 16, 2007. Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 1) USC 1692g Sec. 809 (B) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

Under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, I have the right to request validation of the debt you say I owe you. I am requesting proof that I am indeed the party you are asking to pay this debt, and there is some contractual obligation which is binding on me to pay this debt. This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing, but a request for VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

You should also be aware that reporting inaccurate and unsubstantiated information to a credit reporting agency might constitute fraud under federal law. Additionally, you should also be aware that sending unsubstantiated demands for payment through the United States Mail System might constitute mail fraud under federal and state law. Your legal staff will agree that compliance with this request is required under the laws of Pennsylvania and federal statutes.

In addition to the debt validation form below, please attach copies of:

1. Agreement with your client that grants you the authority to collect on this alleged

debt, or proof of acquisition by purchase or assignment.

2. Agreement that bears the signature of the alleged debtor wherein he or she agreed to

pay the creditor.

I require compliance with the terms and conditions of this letter within 30 days or a complete withdrawal, in writing, of any claim. In the event of noncompliance, I reserve the right to file charges and/or complaints with appropriate county, state and federal authorities as well as the Better Business Bureau for violations of the FDCPA, FCRA, and federal and state statutes on fraudulent extortion.

I also hereby reserve my right to take private civil action against you to recover damages.

Sincerely,

bamf70

Debt Validation Form

1. Name of the original creditor: ____________________

2. Original creditor account number: ____________________

3. Date you acquired this debt: ____________________

4, Balance of original account: ____________________

5 Detailed explanation of how you have calculated the amount of the debt being

claimed as currently due ($1260) if this amount is different from the original balance

reported by the original creditor: ________________________________________

6. Have any insurance claims been made by any creditor or assignee regarding this

account? (Circle one only) YES / NO

7. Has the purported balanced of this account been used in any tax deduction claim?

(Circle one only) YES / NO

8 . This debt was: (Circle one only) Assigned / Purchased

9. If Purchased from whom: ____________________

I certify that Palisades Collection LLC has obtained all information for this verification from the original creditor as required by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 1:) USC 1692g Sec. 809 (B).

_________________________________________ ____________ _________

Authorized signature for Palisades Collection LLC Signee’s Title Date

Please return this signed completed form and attach all assignment or other transfer agreements that would establish your right to collect this debt. Your claim cannot be considered if any portion of this form is not completed and returned with the required documents. This is a request for validation made pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. If you do not respond as required by this law, your claim will not be considered and you may be liable for damages for continued collection efforts.