Debtshield.

CastelF

Does anyone have experience with Debtshield. I've been with them about a year, sending $800.00 a month, they take $250. All 4 CC are with CA now I believe, I'm not even sure. Should I leave this company, i have about 5K save there now.

Does anyone have experience with Debtshield. I've been with them about a year, sending $800.00 a month, they take $250. All 4 CC are with CA now I believe, I'm not even sure. Should I leave this company, i have about 5K save there now.

http://ripoffreport.com/reports/0/109/ripoff0109745.htm

Debt Shield, Inc. ruin credit further - do not negotiate Baltimore Maryland

*REBUTTAL Employee ..Debt Shield's Response and Update

Respond to this report!

Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or positive information about the company or can you provide "insider information" on this company?

Victim of this person/company?

Are you also a victim of the same company or person? Want Justice? File a Ripoff Report and don´t let them get away with it!

Debt Shield, Inc.

Phone:

Fax:

www.debtshield.net

Baltimore, Maryland,

U.S.A.

Submitted: 9/23/2004 8:21:04 AM

Modified: 9/27/2004 7:45:05 PM

Stephanie

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

We signed on with Debt Shield to negotiate our credit card debt and handle all creditor calls. We paid $698 a month. We came to find out that Debt Shield did not contact our creditors nor did they negotiate the debt. We cancelled the program. With $3490 of money in their hands, our refund was $1144. The got $2300 plus to do nothing. No negotiations. No handling of calls to the creditor.

We had a great credit rating going into this, but due to a loss of income we knew we would be getting behind and wanted to pre-empt the problem. Our payments went to Debt SHield and held. BEWARE! They do not negotiate or contact the creditors until it is TOOOO late.

To top it off, in order to receive any refund, we must sign a release that waives all rights and responsibilities and gives us no recourse later. We are in a lose lose situation.

Beware!

Stephanie

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

U.S.A.

Great! You are paying them instead of your bills! You are ruining your credit while they get rich off of your money while doing nothing! Meanwhile, it looks like you have charge offs, judgements, collections, garnishments, and leins in your future and even a possible bankruptcy.

Trust me, you could have screwed your own credit without their help, and just partied with that $800 each month. At least you would have had fun.

I think you might want to read this sticky about the Credit Repair Organizations Act...

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264338

I'm thinking you should be able to get ALL your money back from these people, since its against the CROA for them to charge you before actually performing any service....