If using different colored paper...

closet410

I work for a rather large insurance company and I took a stroll down to our claims dept, since I would consider their equipment near top of the line and similiar to that of any other company handling disputes (CRA's, etc.)and used their scanner and copier. I experimented with blue, green, yellow, yellow-lined, and pink paper with different color greens, red, orange, blue's, and purple pens NOTE: ALL PENS USED WERE GEL BASED "GLITTERY" PENS. and here are my results:

I was disappointed with the results when using the y-lined paper and gr-ink. i mean it is KIND OF readable and it looks like it depends on the angle you hold the pen and how hard you press down on it. use the correct scanner or copier settings and get a rep determined enough and it can be processed. :(

Green paper and blue paper, no matter what color pen you are using, are useless. you can alter the scanner's and /or copiers settings and pretty much make out all color pens i used.

pink paper had the best results. trying to scan neon pink paper and you'll get nothing but blackness. all the time. 8-) . try to copy it and using a lighter green pen works wonders. you wont get to much of anything. thumbs up for this. xdancex

so i went back and i was VERY surprised :shock: on the results i got on plain white paper. they are all barely readable when scanned. a light shade of green or a lighter shade of blue worked best when copied. you can hardly see those colors.

i asked my claims friend and she said getting a dispute these kind of ways would definitely be a headache and it'd depend on the mood she was in as to how she would handle it.

Just thougth I'd share.:)++

pink paper had the best results. trying to scan neon pink paper and you'll get nothing but blackness. all the time. 8-) . try to copy it and using a lighter green pen works wonders. you wont get to much of anything. thumbs up for this. xdancex

You should try pink paper with light green color printer and see what that does. :lol:

You should try pink paper with light green color printer and see what that does. :lol:

LOL. next ima buy that security paper and use one of those glittery pens. it cant be copied or scanned well on regular white paper so im assuming security paper will make it that much harder and it wont be so obvious taht im following some online rumor if i use the colored paper. im sure the CRA's have heard of this tatic by now so maybe i'll come off as less conspicous by using a white paper...until they copy or scan it8-)

I thought all the CRA's did was read the dispute (assuming from the physically letter itself) and key in a two digit code into their computer software? Are you saying they key the two digit code from the scanned image?

im not sure how THEY do it but our claims dept scans the documents in the system and teh software prefills information taken directly from the document. but if the computer can not prefill the info because teh document is too complicated to read they have to enter it manually.

LOL. next ima buy that security paper and use one of those glittery pens. it cant be copied or scanned well on regular white paper so im assuming security paper will make it that much harder and it wont be so obvious taht im following some online rumor if i use the colored paper. im sure the CRA's have heard of this tatic by now so maybe i'll come off as less conspicous by using a white paper...until they copy or scan it8-)

The security paper I got SUCKED. It put VOID all over the page when scanned, but the document was still VERIY legible. I think you need actual SCAN proof paper. This site is now working properly so I just ordered the security paper and the copy proof ink. I'll let you know the results. [url=]http://www.maxmax.com/aInkSpecialtyOrder.asp?Order_Flag=1&Quantity=1&Description=+InkCPPenSm%3A+CopyProof+Ink+Writing+Pen&Message=Do+you+need+other+ink%3F&Alert=0&SRCH_DESCRIPTION=&SRCH_MANUFACTURER=&SRCH_ID=&SRCH_CATEGORY=&PageNo=&RowCount=

im not sure how THEY do it but our claims dept scans the documents in the system and teh software prefills information taken directly from the document. but if the computer can not prefill the info because teh document is too complicated to read they have to enter it manually.

With the amount of disputes they get, I highly doubt they manually do it for everyone. It sounds reasonable that they would scan it, all the computer to do some pre-stuff and then they might do something to manually send it though. <shrug>

With the amount of disputes they get, I highly doubt they manually do it for everyone. It sounds reasonable that they would scan it, all the computer to do some pre-stuff and then they might do something to manually send it though. <shrug>

EXACTLY. so if some jerk :wink: sends in some colored or scan or copy proof paper imagine the frustuation that settles in. i'd bet persistance will get a delete or two xdancex

This brings up a good point. I bet if you used some caligraphy font, the scanner might not be able to pic it up. Hmmmm

I can just seem me getting some sparkly gel pens, bright pink paper and writing in calligraphy...

-r

This makes me wonder. Does it have to be written in English? If I write my intentions (that I am disputing) in English but the rest of the letter is in Portugese do they still have to investigate?

Interesting thought - I know when we receive things in Spanish, we are still bound by time guidelines to handle it. You might have a hard time explaining why if you are not Portugese you wrote a letter in that language. I guess you could tell them it was a self improvement assignment or something.

I speak Portugese. Why would it matter what language I dispute in? I'm going to give this a shot on a TL for a low amount. It would never end up in court anyway. I will make my intentions clear in English and then my reason for disputing in Portugese. Hopefully, someone will just laugh and delete it.:lol:

I speak Portugese. Why would it matter what language I dispute in? I'm going to give this a shot on a TL for a low amount. It would never end up in court anyway. I will make my intentions clear in English and then my reason for disputing in Portugese. Hopefully, someone will just laugh and delete it.:lol:

I bet they get disputes in all languages all the time. I also suspect those disputes go straight to the foreign language department where they have have people dedicated to answering these and probably not on the same time restraints. Good luck though.

Maybe. I work in a call center. We have some spanish speakers but for all other languages we use a translating service that we have to call. I'm not sure how this would work at a CRA. I suppose they could have some translating service that translates documents.