Discover Card Offer From Fma Alliance

lori5050

Has anyone ever heard of FMA ALLIANCE out of Houston?

My husband owes Discover Card $10,979.00... tonight he was talking to an FMA collector and he said they would settle with him for $3800.00...

He told me that FMA does not own the account that they are trying to collect a debt for there client...

I asked him to send his offer in writing.. Of course he told me that this had to be decided today.. I told him NO.. If he wanted some kind of settlement it would have to be by mail.. He told me that the inefficiancy of the post office would probably null the offer because it would take too long.. I laughed because I work for the post office and told him he was full of it..

I checked his CR today and Discover has listed the account as charged off/ past due 120 days...

So my questions are should I ask for a CV? Is he lying about his Co. not owning the debt? Is this a good offer? We will not be able to pay this in full and will have to go on a monthly payment..

I was upset because he kept asking if we could find a relative to borrow off of.. I told my husband not to talk to him anymore and everything in the future should be by mail... Am I right?...

Has anyone ever heard of FMA ALLIANCE out of Houston?

My husband owes Discover Card $10,979.00... tonight he was talking to an FMA collector and he said they would settle with him for $3800.00...

He told me that FMA does not own the account that they are trying to collect a debt for there client...

I asked him to send his offer in writing.. Of course he told me that this had to be decided today.. I told him NO.. If he wanted some kind of settlement it would have to be by mail.. He told me that the inefficiancy of the post office would probably null the offer because it would take too long.. I laughed because I work for the post office and told him he was full of it..

I checked his CR today and Discover has listed the account as charged off/ past due 120 days...

So my questions are should I ask for a CV? Is he lying about his Co. not owning the debt? Is this a good offer? We will not be able to pay this in full and will have to go on a monthly payment..

I was upset because he kept asking if we could find a relative to borrow off of.. I told my husband not to talk to him anymore and everything in the future should be by mail... Am I right?...

How old is the account i.e. DOFD? Seems RI maybe 4 years SOL. I would not be shocked if the SOL has passed. Send them the DV.

it's been about 10 months since he paid them anything... The CR said it would be cleared in 2013.. I'm not sure on the SOL for RI..

As soon as I get the letter from the collection agent for the payoff I will write them for the credit validation..

Do you think he lied when he said that his company was just an agent for Discover?

I dont know it is hard to tell. You will have to wait and see. But send the DV and that will tell you at the very least they will have to get info from discover. If they are indeed work for discover you will know then.

If he has been paying discover up until 10 months ago the SOL has not passed. If he is right it seems like a good deal.