Collection Letter Received..

JTsdaddy

I'm actually dealing with NCO at the moment. Words can't describe how that company runs its business. DV them and then dispute with the credit reporting agencies. You might get hounded by many calls like I am at the moment, or you might get lucky and they'll just go away. Good luck. :)

I'm actually dealing with NCO at the moment. Words can't describe how that company runs its business. DV them and then dispute with the credit reporting agencies. You might get hounded by many calls like I am at the moment, or you might get lucky and they'll just go away. Good luck. :)

After reading the posts.. many people say dispute and they remove, some say it harder than heck to get things done.. any other experiances

After reading the posts.. many people say dispute and they remove, some say it harder than heck to get things done.. any other experiances

I've disputed w/the 3 major CB's and so far 2 have deleted NCO. NCO is a corrupt company, they weren't even reporting the debt correctly. Have you sent the DV? If you have, go ahead and dispute with the CB's. I have another debt out there and it's been sent to about 8 or 9 CA's over the past couple of years and I have always sent a DV - never heard back from any of them. That one is still within SOL, so I have to be careful.

I haven't had any problems with the DV/dispute thing, others have. But I do encourage you to DV and dispute; it's your right to do so.

Is the debt yours? Is it still within SOL? Is NCO reporting it correctly to the CB's? NCO has the bad habit of reporting the debts as open accounts and that they are a factoring company - and that is wrong!

I got something weird from NCO today.

They were on my reports with 5 different collection accounts. I DVed them and told them about all the inaccurate information they put on my good name.

They deleted all their accounts within days. Today I get verification in. haha

Seriously, they sent me a statement on my accounts but at the bottom they say...we have closed the above referenced accounts. Sorry about any inconvenience they have caused me. Signed by the "Incoming Data Manager"

Way to go!

:PartyTime:

What did your letter look like? I sent several disputes to a medical collections place that is holding 7 of my paid accounts and filed complaints. Waiting to see what I get in response. So far I've been getting messages through the CRAs that I'm supposed to contact them. Funny though, the letter sent them that I do not wish to be contacted by them in any form at all. lol.