My Experian Progress...

closet410

I've seen alot of threads about ppl starting to document their steps in having things disputed, so I've decided to do the same. i will document here everything that is going on and what steps I have taken and any progress (or lack there of). This is not only to help me but others as well since everyone's situation is different.

I was with Bradley Ross Law since Oct 2006 and they have been disputing items on my credit report and have had a few things removed. But since the progress seemed to stop I decided to take matters and repair my own credit and stop paying someone else to do it. Here is what's is on my most recent EX credit report:

Investigation Results (from Bradley Ross Law)

Verizon - verified no change

Bad Accts

Public Records

bk - 2005

BOA

acct status - charged off

date opened - 2001

date of status - 2003

reported since - 2001

last reported - 2003

Cap 1

acct status - included in bk

date open - 2003

reported since - 2003

date of status - 2005

last reported - 2007

Vzn

acct status - collection acct

date open - 2004

date of status - 2006

reported since - 2006

last reported - 2006

wash/prov

acct status - closed

date open - 2001

date of status - 2005

reported since - 2001

last reported - 2005

southwest credit systems

acct status - collection acct

date opened - 2006

date of status - 2006

reported since - 2006

last reported

6 inquiries (says may impact cr score)

25 inquiries (does not impact cr score)

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so i have a report from ex dated 7-20-07 saying "it appears we have a dispute that does not seem to be from you..." since they got my dispute on the 26th i would i assume bradley ross law sent this one in. i got another letter from them dated 7-31-07 saying "we cant verify you we need more info..." (this further adds to the "never send in add'l info" cuz they dont need it. they just use it to extend time). then i get another letter dated 8-7-07 saying southwest credit systems is verified. but what about the others? i disputed more than just that one. are they still investigating the others? technically my 30 days is not up so after it is i will go after them again. in the mean time i will DV this CA

I'm not surprised, Experian can be true harda**es. It's tough at times to dispute w/ them....

I was wondering though, if you filed BK in 2005, how come those other debts you listed weren't included in it, or were they?

Elyse

Experian is the Bane of my problems on any of my credit reports, I submitted a letter to them with evidence that the ca's haven't yet validated with me. There claim is they verified it in 2005 as mines, I also asked for the MoV as well Im a WA state resident and or state laws say they will comply with MoV request.

Well keep us all updated on your tour with experian pls.

i am in experian hell too! got a letter today from them stating "we need your id theft report to remove these items" theni got one same day that said' we are investigating your items, one is verified, the other is still in dispute and waiting to hear back from creditor"

it made nomention of the other negatives i disputed. its the worst!!!!!!!!!!!

i called numerous toll free numbers and cant get in touchwtih a human being!!! the only human being told me there is nothing he can do because he is just in the customer service dept for credit watch program, ie, web issues, password reset, etc.

i need a direct # to call!! im not giving up on this and figure if i throw every and anything at experian they will simply dispute.

i sent them a ltter 30 days ago disputing the info that i talked to numerous people at the creditors and they have no record of me and will not issue me a letter saying that. its like they force me to make up a name "sally smith @ xxxx" will the dispute the line item then?

i relly think dateline should get involved in this, because it is relly really really really a racket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a joke! one wrong negative report, or collection to your record and you are ruined, it can keep you from getting a house, people judge you by it, its terrible. WHERE were all the security measures in place at the time someone pushed a button and reported the negative item?

just got off with a transunion lady, she was VERY nice and said bill collectors are not required to report by social, they can report by name only. so thats why when you dispute it, they just say yep, same name and address in our system, its accurate! when in fact it might be the wrong jim smith, or sally jones, etc. theres thousands of jim smiths in any given city!!!

ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

EX doesn't actually talk or communicate with the CA when you dispute an item? I did the same thing, sort of. I have a medical collection that was last reported in 2002. I dv'd the CA, waited 30 days, sent another. After 60+ days I received no response from the CA. So I disputed it with the CRA's and sent copies of my letters and proof the CA received the requests. Today I got an alert that the CRA verified it. Again, this CA hasn't reported anything since 2002. Am I to assume that EX contacted the CA or what?

• 3 weeks later...

14 point jump in my score with EX. not really sure why but its probably just becuase im keeping excellent payment history with the accounts i currently have. nothings changed on my credit report and i havent dont anything with my credit as i've been busy lately.

I have just one issue with Experian, I have an old account form the late '80s reporting on just Experian. I contacted the OC and they have no record of me at all. I have disputed online with EX, they come back as verified. Its not reporting as a negative, but as tranferred to another lender. I spoke to one person at EX who told me it was so old it should be off the CR, but its still there. She did manage to remove name misspellings and invalid addresses. It seems to be one of those they are not really investigating. Its not easy doing a CMMMR letters, being overseas. Should I send a MOV letter to Experian? I try to all that I can online at the moment, I did take care of a few things when I was last in the US on leave, won't be back in the US for a few more months.

sorry i havent been updating. EX did not send me anything else. southwest credit got my DV on 8-20-07. they did stop calling my job and such, but i havent not gotten anything from them. i will be writing my follow up dispute letter to EX tonight and mailing off soon.

funny things goin on with me and EX. first, my score for EX has gone up 6 points xdancex . then, i come home and i have a letter from Nationwide Recovery, a CA, that is collecting for Cingular. Southwest Credit, the CA i DV'd, WAS collecting for Cingular. Now it seems Nationwide is after me. BUT now it seems Southwest credit has disappeared from my EX credit report completely. They are not there any longer? not complaining at all though. i dont know what to do? i was gonna dispute with EX and Southwest WAS once of the items i planned on but now their gone. or are they?

but should i dispute with EX first? i mean its nothing on my credit report to really dispute at this point with southwest gone and the new guys, nationwide, not showing up...yet anyway. so i should just DV the new CA? should i wait to see if the new CA shows up on my credit report? or is it just a matter of time before they do anyway which is why i should DV now?