Help me make sense of this...

scottb99

I was going over my CR's with a fine toothed comb, one of the things I found was a First USA account opened in 1994, last update was 3/2000. This account is in good standing and was listed as "open". I haven't had this card in years so I called to find out if it was actually still open or not. I was thinking if it was still open send me the card. The account did not exist, they had no record of it. While the lady was trying to find information about this account she tells me that I have another account that was a CO and she gave me another number to call about that account. I did not call, did not want to wake them up if it was something not reported. I went back through my CR's and the only CO's I have are 2 Chase accounts and AMEX. I found that on one of the CR's a Chase account had the same phone number and address as the First USA account. This account was CO'd in Mar 2004. I started doing some internet research and found that First USA was actually part of Bank One and Bank One was aquired by JP Morgan Chase & CO in July 2004. Here comes the question, if First USA CO'd this account in Mar 2004 and Chase aquired them in Jul 2004, does that make Chase a JDB and make fall under the rules of a CA concerning this account?

if First USA CO'd this account in Mar 2004 and Chase aquired them in Jul 2004, does that make Chase a JDB and make fall under the rules of a CA concerning this account?
Yep...if the account was delinquent when they bought it, they're a JDB. Of course, you might have to go to court to make that stick, but I'm pretty sure their have been court cases regarding this issue.