Transunion says dispute is frivolous...

rburns1963

All,

Need help fast!!! I sent an initial letter to Transunion disputing negative six items on my credit report. Their reply is as follows...

"Our records show that your creditor(s) previously verified as accurate the items that are listed below. Therefore, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, we consider this dispute frivolous and we will not reinvestigate the item(s) unless you can provide court papers or a recent, authentic letter from the creditor(s) that explains what information should be update."

They go on to list the six items on my credit report with contact addresses and phone numbers. 5 are collection agencies and 1 is the creditor with a different address. Can someone tell me what would be the next step in this fight?

Forgive me if this is posted somewhere but I can find it.

Thanks,

"Working hard to get it fixed!"

Also, if you raised a different issue(s) with TU this time around, I'd write them back stating that you are disputing the tradeline based on issues different from the ones upon which their prior reinvestigation was conducted. The mere fact that the account was disputed previously does not automatically make a new dispute frivolous.

Don't send them a copy of what TU said, just go ahead and dispute with the OC and DV with the CAs. This way you let them shoot themselves in the foot with violations by contradicting what the CRAs said. Save up the violations then you can follow up with an ITS letter when all is done, if need be.