TransUnion Policy for Reporting Credit Information??????

I receintly checked my TransUnion Credit Report and noticed all my information is gone!!! All the good and all the bad. I don't know what has happened????? My credit score is 0. What the heck is going on? I even checked on the split file and nothing.

Well I figured this is good I don't have to fight for the bad to come off I will just add the good back on. Sounds easy enough right?!!!

I sent a letter (certified) to TransUnion with about 20 Good tradelines to add to my report. I am VERY FRUSTRATED...I received a letter back from TransUnion and this is what it says:

Thank You for contacting TransUnion. Our goal is to maintain complete and accurate information on consumer credit reports. We have provided the information below in response to your request.

Re: Policy for Reporting Credit Information

TransUnion stores information which is supplied by creditors who subscribe to our services, and TransUnion has certified the ACCURACY of their Information. Creditors usually report account information to us through computer tapes. New Accounts may take four to six months from the opening date to appear on a Credit Report. We do not add checking and savings account information to our computer files.

If you would like a specific creditor to report information to TransUnion, you may wish to contact then directly. If the creditor is a member of our services, you can request that the creditor voluntarily report the account informaton to us.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact TransUnion at the address below, or visit us on the web at www.Transunion.com for general information. When contacting our office, please provide your current file number XXXXXXXXXX

P.O.Box 2000

Chester, PA 19022-2000

Is this a Violation of any laws? They are refusing to add information to my file. This sounds like they are refusing to accuratly report my File. They are the ones that deleted my whole file to where I have nothing. How Can I correct this? Can I sue? I want to buy a house and I can't with a credit score of 0.........:confused:

Is this a Violation of any laws? They are refusing to add information to my file. This sounds like they are refusing to accuratly report my File. They are the ones that deleted my whole file to where I have nothing. How Can I correct this? Can I sue? I want to buy a house and I can't with a credit score of 0.........:confused:

My question is (playing devil's advocate) was the negative information that you asked to be removed accurate?

Is this a Violation of any laws? They are refusing to add information to my file. This sounds like they are refusing to accuratly report my File. They are the ones that deleted my whole file to where I have nothing.

Ah, there's the catch. The law only states that anything on your report must be accurate. It does not say anything about what they *must* include on the report. They're within the law to not report anything at all.

Do you know if those creditors are currently reporting those accounts to them?

I have heard of it happening the other way or another, someones score was boosted 100 points, remember they use a computer system and im sure they are alway fighting attacks on the network and other things.

It will correct itself from a backup tape sooner then later.