scottb99

CA being very deceptive..WARNING....

Today I got a call my from Dad saying a yellow notice was left on his door for me from a PC Express USA, said I had a delivery and had to sign for it. It came complete with a tracking number, a toll free number 1-800-691-0591, and a website http://www.pcexpressusa.com. I went to the website, it asks for your tracking number. Once you put the tracking number in it asks for name, address, business address, phone numbers, etc. This is not your typical package tracking. I did not enter anything. I called the toll free number to inquire. They asked for the tracking number, I gave that to the lady, she then said my name and the address of my parents and asked when I would be there to receive my package, I told her that I was out of town and would not be back until Friday (lie), she asked what time I would be there, I said I don't know, could be any time. I then asked if someone else could sign for it she said no. And asked again to give her a time that I would be there. I said look lady it is not even my address, she then hung up on me. I was starting to get a little suspicious, well actually a lot suspicious. I googled this company and found nothing except a question posted in yahoo answers, one of the comments was this:

PC Express USA delivery service is a means by which debt collectors contact you in order to deliver a subpoena regarding your debt. They leave a yellow notice on your door saying they have a delivery for you in order to get you to contact them

This has got to be illegal activity of some sort, any ideas how I can find out who is behind this?

Played with them a bit, went on the website and entered the "tracking" number, put an old address in for Florida....I live in Texas now. Jackasses.

A search of whois.net reveals that the site is owned by pcpusa.net

Going to that site reveals that they are Professional Civil Process, and I take that to mean they are process servers and not a CA.

A search of whois.net reveals that the site is owned by pcpusa.net

Going to that site reveals that they are Professional Civil Process, and I take that to mean they are process servers and not a CA.

Oh crap, Is that legal? I would really like to know what debt it is they are trying to serve, should there be some sort of filing with the court if they are attempting to serve papers?

Yeah, they came by the other night (late!) and left the infamous yellow delivery slip at my door.

Initially, I didn't know what to think, other than SCAM! Or clever phishers or burglars or something. It's scary. Anyhow, I managed to round up enough info online, as well as the responsible party, to figure out what it's all about.

Someone mentioned earlier on that whois.net lists all info associated with web addresses; here it is:

Domain Services Provided By:

Modwest, support@modwest.com

http://www.modwest.com

Registrant:

Professional Civil Process

P. O. Box 342467

Austin, TX 78734-0042

US

Registrar: DOTSTER

Domain Name: PCEXPRESSUSA.COM

Created on: 16-AUG-04

Expires on: 16-AUG-11

Last Updated on: 31-DEC-06

Administrative Contact:

Keeney, Rick rickk@pcpusa.net

Professional Civil Process

P. O. Box 342467

Austin, TX 78734-0042

US

Technical Contact:

Williams, Richard richard@appgrp.net

The Applicaitons Group

486 Elkins Lake

Huntsville, TX 77340

US

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS.BYBENT.COM

SMTP1.BYBENT.COM

So it appears that Pro. Civil Process is the parent of PC Express USA "delivery" company. Someone from PCP comes out to deliver papers of some sort (subpoena, legal papers, etc.) from a collector. I figure it's just another roundabout way to collect on a debt, and ensure, by signature, that the party in debt has received their papers.

After speaking with two individuals from PCP, I understand that this is the case, but also that it's not necessarily 'you' they're trying to contact. In my case, it could be someone that used to live at the same address.

That's exactly what I told the lady who answered my call at 1-800-691-0591 (PC Express USA's contact number). My slip of paper didn't have a name, address; only the 'shipper number.' When I entered the number the other night into the basic, homegrown website's (which has been up since 2004)address provided on the yellow paper, my home address showed up, but without a name.

I gave her my shipper number, she verified the address, as did I. She then looked up some info, then gave me a name connected to the address. I told her we get a lot of mail from several individuals who no longer live at our address, and asked that the deliveries/notices cease. She said she will notify the driver to not deliver the notices anymore.

I figure that will solve it. But to deliver documents from a debt collector through the guise of a bogus delivery company? That's pretty deceitful, but is it illegal? I would hope so, but don't know how to find out.

Hope this sheds some light on the whole PC Express USA delivery/yellow notice/cheesy fake website bit.

Some of my sources, all available through Google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&q=P.O.+Box+342467+Austin%2C+TX+78734

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://pcexpressusa.com

http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=pcexpressusa&tld=com

http://www.pcpusa.net/contact.php3

Watch your back out there, everyone!

A word from the wise. Don't ever call a toll free number, unless you do it from a pay phone. Your caller ID and any information info is released to the 800 number owner, even if you have call ID blocking on your phone. The FCC rule is there paying for the call they have a legal right to know who's using there number.

How long have you been in TX? Enough time to establish legal residency?

Start researching Texas law regarding Service of Process.

I know in California it is illegal for a process server to use deceptive measures. For example showing up at the house wearing a Dominos Pizza hat and carrying a pizza and when you answer the door they serve you.

We are a legal company of private process servers. We serve a lot of citations, which is the legal notice that you are being sued. The debt is believed to be real by the company suing you. It is your constitutional right, to be notified pryor to someone taking your property. It is also your right to go to court to defend yourself of these claims.

We are telling the truth when we say we have a delivery, the citation is the delivery. People who avoid service, only delay the inevitable, you will be served, it is only a matter of time.

Why fight it by hiding from your responsibility. Accept the service and have your day in court. And be glad we live in the USA where you have these kind of rights.

Good Luck!

Sometimes people move and don't notify their creditors. When they sue through the court system, they use the last know address. If it is not for the current resident just call the number on the note and tell them the subject no longer lives there, it would help a lot to save anyone from bothering you in the future. These are legally filed law suits in the court system and are serious matters. PCP and PC Express are trying to DELIVER these court poapers to the right people.

I'm going to let the facts speak for themselves.

Pcp is a private company that delievers subpoenas they call packages.

truths (tr z, truths 1. Conformity to fact or actuality 2. A statement proven to be or accepted as true 3. Sincerity; integrity 4. Fidelity to an original or standard 5 a. Reality; actuality b. often Truth That which is considered to be the supreme reality an have the ultimate meaning and value of existence

Noun 1. liar - a person who has lied or who lies repeatedly prevaricator beguiler, cheater, deceiver, trickster, slicker, cheat someone who leads you to believe something that is not true false witness, perjurer - a person who deliberately gives false testimony fabricator, fibber, storyteller - someone who tells lies

sub·poe·na Main Entry Pronunciation\sə- ˈ pē-nə, ÷-nē\ Function noun Etymology Middle English suppena, from Latin sub poena under penalty Date 15th century: a writ commanding a person designated in it to appear in court under a penalty for failure

Writ English wrītan to write before 12th century <Sacred Writ > 1: something written : writing <Sacred Writ > <Sacred Writ > 2 a: a formal written document ; specifically : a legal instrument in epistolary form issued under seal in the name of the English monarch b: an order or mandatory process in writing issued in the name of the sovereign or of a court or judicial officer commanding the person to whom it is directed to perform or refrain from performing an act specified therein < writ of detinue> < writ of entry>

Package/parcel

a unit of salable 4 a: a wrapped bundle : package b: a unit of salable b: a unit of salable merchandise.

1 archaic : the act or process of packing b: a commodit 2 a: a small or moderate-sized pack : parcel b: a commodit b: a commodit or a unit of a product uniformly wrapped or sealed c: a preassembled unit 3: a covering wrapper or container 4: something that suggests a package: Package can refer to Packaging and labelling

Mail item larger than a letter

Software package installation material is grouped together

A supoena is a writ, which is a official letter. We know a package is a bundled commodity or a mail item larger than a letter. When PCP says they are delivering a package which is a subpoena we know that can not be factual. We know truth deals with what is fact. We also know not being truthful means lying, people who tell lies or decieve people are liars.

PCP server what then is your defense?

The wonderful thing about the truth is that it can be proven.

Prove now that a package is a letter, prove that calling a letter a package is not deceitful, prove you aren't lying.

You lie and cheat and decieve in order to serve legal papers. Yuck. What a creepy concept. I'm pretty sure that our rights as americans to have due process and face our accusers is in noway related to your lying and deception in attempts to serve defendants.

Shame on you for even trying to come on this forum and lie and think it would be acceptable, shame on you for using the american rights as a excuse and or reason for your lies.

Disgusting.

Wow, you would think this would definitely be a deceptive practice. They are implying one thing and delivering a totally different thing. By them making you sign for it would entail fraud. It would be the same as a car salesman doing up all the paperwork for buying a motorhome RV then after I signed for it all I get would be a cheap ,used, moldy camper that leaks water. Its the exact same concept.

Great word lookup ditaloca! They cant hide from the truth that they are liars

If they did that in Colorado it would be considered "gutter" service. Our law states we initally need to be served in person by a server. A good server would ask for identification or have proof of identification with them. Usually one would just have to show up in court, show the "documentaion" that was left and/or served by this kind of service and the judge could throw out the case by law of defective service. The trick these folks are now trying to do is serve you after the hearing. To me this runs in line with call spoofing on caller ID and other methods that skirt the laws. Abuse is regualted and then the collectors try to come up with something to go around that....

The same rights that give you the right to deliver your little package,is based on the same rights that i have in not putting a mail box on my house.The same right i don't have to open my door to accept anything I don't want to accept.How do i know it's not a letter bomb,because you have a little name tag that says your from pcp server.How do i know that it's not drugs.When you stretch the truth to get a check.Ditaloca is right only they used nice words to call attention to what your are.By the way I don't have to tell anyone I moved only to whom i want to.However i do believe that you should pay your bills to the best of your ability.I also believe the health and welfare of your family is #1 and that"s who i will take care of first:evil:

Played with them a bit, went on the website and entered the "tracking" number, put an old address in for Florida....I live in Texas now. Jackasses.

Played with the for a bit, huh? Thats cool. They will find you in Texas then.

LOL!!!!!