How long until I can refinance my car?

I purchased my car in December 2006. I am not ready to refinance yet, am not thinking of it until at LEAST another 8-12 months. Hopefully I can get some of the negatives off my CR between now and then.

How long do I have to wait / should I wait before refinancing?

I purchased my car in December 2006. I am not ready to refinance yet, am not thinking of it until at LEAST another 8-12 months. Hopefully I can get some of the negatives off my CR between now and then.

How long do I have to wait / should I wait before refinancing?

Most lenders say 6 months. I refinanced mine at the 1 year mark and got 50% rate reduction.

• 4 weeks later...
5 Months for me.

Purchased my car in March at 8.99%. Refinanced through PenFed this week for 5.20%.

If you decide to try PenFed be warned.....a CIA background check is easier than what they want.

You got 5.20 on a used car huh? Navy gave me 6.00 on my 6 month old loan back in June. That's good. I love Penfed and Navy.

Well. I *guess* you could consider it a used car. A 2007 Hyundai Accent that I've owned for 6 months now.

Was financing through Toyota at 8.99%....received the check from PenFed yesterday--60 months at 5.29%. Which is saving me a hellalot of money.

Just the info that PenFed wants to know......I went through less when I bought the darn car lol.

But I'm not complaining!!! 8.99% reduced to 5.29%....no complaints out of me!

Well. I *guess* you could consider it a used car. A 2007 Hyundai Accent that I've owned for 6 months now.

Was financing through Toyota at 8.99%....received the check from PenFed yesterday--60 months at 5.29%. Which is saving me a hellalot of money.

Just the info that PenFed wants to know......I went through less when I bought the darn car lol.

But I'm not complaining!!! 8.99% reduced to 5.29%....no complaints out of me!

My used car was a 6 month old 2007 too.

My used car was a 6 month old 2007 too.

Slight mistake--that rate was 5.29% imstead of the 5.40% I was originally quoted. Lord I love PenFed.......But yet only a $2,000 limit on their visa card. Any idea how long before they will consider a CLI??

If you're interested with going with PenFed and you're not a member.......they will let my **cough cough** *step brother* apply for membership if you follow what I'm saying.......