BBB - Better Business Bureau - successes

SecretAgentWoman

You know, I just had my latest delete come from a BBB complaint. Unique National Collections - the ones farking my credit over overdue library fines!

I had already tried GW, PFD, restricted endorsements, begging, threatening, getting the OC involved...nothing worked. Then, POOF - I complain to the BBB and they send me a letter saying they are deleting. Now, I am sure that it was the "feather" that broke the camel's back and I wouldn't have gotten this reaction if I had filed with the BBB right away.

So, I decided to complain about some other stubborn ones that are staying despite my efforts...ones I had given up on and was just going to wait until they fell off.

You know, I just had my latest delete come from a BBB complaint. Unique National Collections - the ones farking my credit over overdue library fines!

I had already tried GW, PFD, restricted endorsements, begging, threatening, getting the OC involved...nothing worked. Then, POOF - I complain to the BBB and they send me a letter saying they are deleting. Now, I am sure that it was the "feather" that broke the camel's back and I wouldn't have gotten this reaction if I had filed with the BBB right away.

So, I decided to complain about some other stubborn ones that are staying despite my efforts...ones I had given up on and was just going to wait until they fell off.

Lots of people complain that the BBB is worthless. I've complained 3 times and had success 3 times. I think part of the compliance is b/c you've caused them enough trouble, they know you are not going to go away, and then it looks good to the BBB for them to delete.

Oh, and :goodluck:

Hhhhmmm....maybe I will give the BBB another try. Back in May I filed a complaint against U S Cellular with them and they closed the case before U S Cellular even TRIED to resolve it (AND I WAS IN THE RIGHT ON THIS ONE!!!). Seems you guys are having good luck though....

Nice, good job on dealing with those turkey's.

They seem to think that collections are in concrete unless they are a bona fide error, - hmmm imaging that.

I've had experience with them while helping out a family member, came with in 1" of taking them to court, they knew they would of lost hands down too under the circumstances. Maybe they're starting to wake up and realize it's not worth running the risk for a $15.00 book with all the educated consumers popping up all over the place.

Once again, congrats!

I just started my journey and one of the freakiest Tl's was one from Unique for the Houston Public Library in the amount of $878. How can this be? Maybe I lost a book but wow. I was going to call the library and see what happened. Is it too late for that. I am confused. Can the city call the debt back. I really would not mind paying for a book if I lost one. But not $878

Hmm... I complained to the BBB once about my hedgehog dying after eating her litter that was supposedly safe.

The BBB did nothing.

Oh well... I suppose if you have excellent documentation of something (anything) then you could probably get somewhere. But it really depends whether the company is a member or not. Cause I know if they are not a member, then they are a lot less likely to care what the BBB says about them.

You can usually log into the BBB compliant site and see the status of your compliant, like "correspondance sent to company", etc. For me, it usually took about 4 weeks maybe 5 before I had results and then going back through the progress it seems like a majority of the time was wasted waiting for the people I complianed abot to respond.

I’ve had both good and bad situations when dealing with the BBB. The bad was when a company that I felt misrepresented themselves and lied about their credentials sent their reply to my complaint to the BBB, which stated that I got what I paid for. The BBB then dropped the complaint and I heard nothing more. I was hesitant to go to them after that. But recently I got strong-armed into signing up for a trial gym membership (Bally’s – that place is a disreputable hellhole). I followed the instructions for the trial membership but they still wanted to charge me over $1,000 for a long-term contract. When I asked for arbitration they put is as bad debt on my (already crappy) credit report! I went to the BBB and lo and behold they actually got Bally’s to drop the contract and change the statement on my credit report to paid and closed. I think it really does come down to providing the BBB with as much detail as possible.