Statue limitations on multi state

LeroyM

11/94 I applied for a CC while in college in mississippi. I moved to TX in 97 an bought a home in 2001. According to the CA i made a payment on this accnt in 8/2003 and it was charged off 9/2003 because it was 180 days past due. I moved back to miss in 6/2003 but i still own the home in TX. However my wife lives in the home and we agreed on a voluntary seperation in 6/2003. I was served a notice i was being sued in TX for the CC. I have maintained an apartment and employment in Miss since 6/2003. In TX the statue of limitations is 4 years on open ended account. In miss it is 3 years. Because I maintain a job and resident in Miss does TX has the legal right to sue? Can I present a motion that this contract was signed in Mississippi an the statue has expired. Plus i have maintain a resident in Miss as my personal resident. The home in TX my wife maintains but my name is on the mortgage.

I have no requested any information from the attorney of the assigned CA.

Please help

11/94 I applied for a CC while in college in mississippi. I moved to TX in 97 an bought a home in 2001. According to the CA i made a payment on this accnt in 8/2003 and it was charged off 9/2003 because it was 180 days past due. I moved back to miss in 6/2003 but i still own the home in TX. However my wife lives in the home and we agreed on a voluntary seperation in 6/2003. I was served a notice i was being sued in TX for the CC. I have maintained an apartment and employment in Miss since 6/2003. In TX the statue of limitations is 4 years on open ended account. In miss it is 3 years. Because I maintain a job and resident in Miss does TX has the legal right to sue? Can I present a motion that this contract was signed in Mississippi an the statue has expired. Plus i have maintain a resident in Miss as my personal resident. The home in TX my wife maintains but my name is on the mortgage.

I have no requested any information from the attorney of the assigned CA.

Please help

Since you don't live in TX, I don't believe the TX court would have jurisdiction.

You still have to answer the lawsuit--but state that you are making a special appearance and moving to dismiss for want of personal jurisdiction. You should also attach certified copies of your driver's license, your lease agreement, and perhaps a utility bill to indicate that you are a MS resident.