Hello, Anyone out there to point me in the right direction?

Sobe420

Hello. I just found this web site today. Some of the things on the site are an eye opener.

The reason I came on here is because I have tried to apply for a home mortgage and was told no twice. Both brokers told me to fix my credit. Which, I did not think it was that bad since I just got approved for a car, and a few credit cards.

Now I am working on the credit repair and trying to fix things. A lot of it was because I went through a divorce and my lovely ex wiped out the account and I had no money to pay the debts.

But also looking at my Credit Report I am finding things that are a little questionable and confusing.

I started the first step by writting to the CRA to remove things. I was told to only do a few at a time and not a lot at a time.

So I guess I am just saying Hi and that I am new and I might need a little guidance along the way?

The questionables are accounts that I am not sure and cannot remember if I paid. Then there is also things of my credit report of companies I have neer heard of, I am assuming they are collections? So, do I use the debt valadation approach or is that opening up a new can of worms?

Everyone keeps telling me that this stuff really works and improves your credit. Also I was told that if a mortgage broker does it even though they say its free they will add it to the mortgage at the end.

Quit applying for mortgages until your scores are better. Everytime you do, it just adds more inquires and that could cause you to get declined.

Start by reading all the stickies on this board. Some dispute all their stuff at one time, some break it up into smalller more manageable pieces. Most recommend deleting all your old address, and personal information that is wrong first. Wait the 30 days (or 45 in some cases) until you get results from the CRA.

Then dispute the other stuff. I would start with the oldest stuff first. Some highly recommend the 1,2 punch. It's up in the "primer" thread. That is a must read.

This stuff really does work but not overnight. It takes a lot of work. It's YOUR credit, so nobody is gonna care if it gets fixed other than you.

OK, I just found that out too. I tried two people because the fact they both said they would work with my credit situation.

One of the things I have notice. DO all three CRA have the same information on address and name? Because my EXP CR list three addresses in one city. Which I lived at these three addresses. These are in south florida. But I have a few things on my CR from central Florida over 3 hours away. But that address does not show on my CR. So, now my question would be since it does not list for example an address in Orlando,Fl but I have things on my credit from Orlando, Fl can I fight that?

You can dipute ANYTHING on your credit report.

Try disputing anything you feel is wrong or obsolete. Some will be stubborn and won't be removed without more disputes. Old bills and debt can be tied on your report by an old address. Remove the old address and sometimes the bill goes "poof"

Last I heard...to get 100% financing on a mortgage you needed to have a middle score of 620 (this could have been updated by now) but I know when I was checking around, I was told that I would need atleast a 680???? Maybe it varies by state. I am sure there is alot more factors they take into consideration than just your score.

Right now your goal should be...clean your credit up. Try to get rid of some of the debt. If you have good credit card TL...make sure you keep them good. Don't apply for anymore credit. Age your accounts some.

You can dispute anything you want. I disputed all of my addresses online. Some of them were fixed and some were not. I'm going to do the rest via CMRR. EX is a real pain when it comes to changing your address. Everyday it would change back and forth between my new and old address.

Sobe...don't let it overwhelm you. It is alot to learn but you will grow more confident as you move along.

You can do online or through the mail CMRRR. Most recommend that you do by CMRRR that way you can keep a detailed paper trail of all your actions.

Just a simple letter saying (wrong, not mine, or absolute) will work. Don't go into long details with the CRA.

Online is easy to. They may ask for proof. You can also call them on the phone and dispute.

So right now I am looking at a report that is 10 pages long it has everything and which CRA is reporting it and my three scores. Should I go the each CRA web site and get my CR from them directly?

Yes, they are more detailed. Plus you will need the report number on the top of the CR to dispute online or by phone.

Ok thank you. I guess the forums and reading through them will also help me out a lot. Hopefully someone responds to my last post. But like I said there currently I have a 10 page report with everything on there what all three CRA are reporting. It also has the three scores. So, should I go to each web site and request my CR from each CRA?

I tried for a mortgage with a middle score of 668 and was told to fix my credit. It does indeed need fixing (or of course I wouldn't be here). I have some old collections and a judgment from 2001 when I was 18 and made a lot of stupid mistakes.

I have a merged CR from the big 3 and it has a designation on each TL of which CRA it came from (designated there as XPN, TUC, or EFX). I'm using this document as my starting point. I may get more info from the 3 CRA's separately later, but this is enough to get the ball rolling.

If you feel uncomfortable working off a trimerge report, then it may be worth getting each separately, if only for organizations sake.