What is the Max amount of item I should dispute

tylemcorp

Hi

I have about 16 items i would like to dispute but I'm not sure if I should dispute them all at once or 8 now followed by 8 in a month. Does it make a difference ? Also I have a few old (closed) accounts that were in good standing, what effect do they have on my score "good or bad" and should I try to dispute those aswell?

FAKO 7/07 TU-570 EQ-564 EX-508

hoping for 12/07 tu 620 eq 610 ex 560

Thanks

Everything I've heard says leave good accounts alone, they're helping your score, or at least not hurting it.

I plan to do 3 or 4 disputes at a time. I've seen posts that say that too few and they scrutinize them more closely, too many and they might dismiss them as frivolous. I think it's a YMMV thing.

The general rule is, if its something you might have to take to court later, dispute it by itself. Otherwise, several related things at a time doesn't hurt. Remember that the data entry at the CRA is done by someone who might not even speak english let alone care about their job...so you don't want them making "bulk" choices for you.

I started with three (3) online disputes and heard back from TU via letter within just a few days re: one (1) account. They say they couldn't find it....

Could be the old theory...

"If we say we don't have it - maybe we won't be in violation for inaccurately reporting it.";)

Nothing on the other two (2) yet. Sunday nite I sent off three (3) new disputes and only got a confirmation email so far. On a side note; I've talked to many of my friends about routinely checking their reports and staying on top of their credit, based on the bogus crap that has accumulated on mine since the last time I checked (about 4 yrs). Everyone seems to have the same problem; TU lists the most negatives (and bogus negatives at that) of the Big Three. So, coming back on topic, I've only disputed 6 out of 14 with TU so far and will soon start with EQ (CSC in Texas) and EX.

First in the plan, You don't want them to know your trying to fix your credit...so you simply handwrite a letter, Saying these things I highlighted are incorrect, please remove them. Don't act like you know the laws and all, act like a dumb person, who just found a mistake.

Then to copied my actual downloaded credit report, with all my info on it and I highlighted a collection....I just wrote incorrect on it, nothing more.

Then I highlighted a late payment, I did not write anything.

Then I highlighted all the incorrect variations of my name, and some of my old phone numbers. I wrote incorrect please remove.

I sent it in a regular envelope and everything I highlighted was deleted...

Might have been beginners luck, but it worked for me...I just sent a second round of letters using the new credit reports...with 3 or 4 changes so we will see if they work.

all it cost was 41 cents each, I did this the same way for all three...

First in the plan, You don't want them to know your trying to fix your credit...so you simply handwrite a letter, Saying these things I highlighted are incorrect, please remove them. Don't act like you know the laws and all, act like a dumb person, who just found a mistake.

Then to copied my actual downloaded credit report, with all my info on it and I highlighted a collection....I just wrote incorrect on it, nothing more.

Then I highlighted a late payment, I did not write anything.

Then I highlighted all the incorrect variations of my name, and some of my old phone numbers. I wrote incorrect please remove.

I sent it in a regular envelope and everything I highlighted was deleted...

Might have been beginners luck, but it worked for me...I just sent a second round of letters using the new credit reports...with 3 or 4 changes so we will see if they work.

all it cost was 41 cents each, I did this the same way for all three...

In any letter you send to the CRAs, you should include a line that says " This is my personal, good-faith request for relief under the FCRA" so they don't think it is a phony letter from a debt-help company like Lexington, or consider it frivilous.

This is a good idea also.