Is this a good follow-up letter to NCO?

Blu

NCO has ignored my previous letter (they continue with the calls). Follow-up below:

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to the numerous calls made to my home by your company and the collection I found on my credit report by your company. I DISPUTE. The collection that you have on my credit reports has been disputed with the credit reporting agencies. Your company has already committed several violations of the FDCPA codes, including, calling several times in a day and hanging up when phone is answered, not sending a proper collection letter after the initial first call and by not informing me that you have placed a collection in my credit reports. Your company has also failed to respond to my previous written communication that I sent via certified mail using the address that I found on my credit reports. Be advised that I have filed complaints with the FTC, BBB, and the State Attorney General's office in my state of CA as well as PA. I am including copies of the USPS CERTIFIED MAIL RECEIPT of original letter, as well as USPS CERTIFICATE OF MAILING to the State Attorney Generals.

Yet again, I am requesting, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my home. Including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by USPS.

Any input much appreciated. :)

My biggest problem with the letter is that you need to specifically state exactly what it is that you want them to do (apart from FOAD, that is ;) ). What is the purpose of the letter? DV? Then say so:

"I am requesting that you provide validation of this account. Specifically, you need to prove that I owe this debt, that it is a legitimate debt, and that you have a legal right to pursue it."

Beyond that, it sounds good. I like the summary you give, and the closing is fine. I would drop the line about "keeping the certified receipts". If they're dumb enough to think you might misplace them, let them think that.

You might spend a little more time, and spell out each of their many and varied violations, i.e.:

- Called my house 50 times in 2 weeks

- Calling and hanging up

- Failing to respond to the first letter I sent

It's not like they will fix it, but I like to do this because it provides yet more documentation of what you claim they have done wrong.

I want them to stop calling and validate the account or go away. I'm not quite sure how to put that in there. I've counted and they have called 41 times in the last 2 weeks.

I didn't mention "keeping the certified receipts." I was planning on sending them copies of the ones I have so they know that I am not bluffing. Should I send copies or not?

Is this better?

To Whom It May Concern:

This is the second letter being sent to your company since you have failed to respond to the first one. The calls continue without your company having validated anything. I am, once again, requesting that you provide validation of this account. Specifically, you need to prove that I owe this debt, that it is a legitimate debt, and that you have legal right to pursue it. The collection that you have on my credit reports has been disputed with the credit reporting agencies. Your company has already committed several violations of the FDCPA codes, including, calling several times in a day and hanging up when phone is answered, not sending a proper collection letter after the initial first call and by not informing me that you have placed a collection in my credit reports. Your company has also failed to respond to my previous written communication that I sent, via certified mail w/return receipt requested, using the address that I found on my credit reports. Be advised that I have filed complaints with the FTC, BBB, and the State Attorney General's office in my state of CA as well as PA.

Yet again, I am requesting, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my home. Including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by USPS.

Violations:

-Calling my house 42 times in the past 2 weeks (excessive calling)

-Calling and hanging up when answered

-Failure to respond to written requests for validation in first letter

-Ignoring request in the first letter that all communication must be done in writting via USPS

-Failure to send a collection letter after initial first call

-Continued collection activity without validation

Was your original DV timely?

I sent off a DV to the address I saw on my cr around 3 weeks ago. I know they're going to say they have, but I never received any dunning letter from NCO. I did dispute with the CRA's at the same time and NCO fell off all 3 credit reports. In fact, I got my cr from TU today saying NCO was deleted.

I think the issue is (correct me if I'm wrong, blu) that NCO just keeps calling despite the DV. And not just once or twice either, but 42 times in 2 weeks.

As far as the revised letter, I think it's fine. You might move the bullet list up, and remove the parts of the first paragraph which duplicate, i.e:

"Your company has already committed several violations of the FDCPA codes, including:

[bullet list here]

Your company has also failed to respond to my previous written communication that I sent..."

I would send the letter anyway, even if it is only 3 weeks after the first. The fact that they are aggressively pursuing collections and ignoring your letter is enough to warrant a second letter.

It doesnt seem like these letters are too far apart either, if youre just getting notification from TU that the TL is deleted. Stop being in such a rush.

I'm in no rush; I've been dealing with this going on two months. There was some confusion on my part because another company was collecting on their (NCO) behalf at first, so I was getting bombarded by both w/calls (I just didn't know it at the time, thought the other CA just kept using different numbers). I sent the DV to that other CA, but the calls continued. And that was a timely DV, so I found it strange that they continued calling. I finally checked the number and it was actually NCO calling, the other CA had actually stopped calling within 2 days of getting my DV.

The TL's were deleted over a week ago, I'm just getting hard copies from the CB's.

I'll wait another week or two to see what happens before I send the follow-up letter. The USPS notified me today, by email, that they forwarded my DV, the one I sent over 2 weeks ago to NCO, to another address. Apparently, the address that I got off my cr's for NCO doesn't exist. Hmm ... I really don't see it as my problem that it was a wrong/false address on my cr's, it's NCO's for not reporting correctly and giving a false address.

But I will still work on my follow-up letter and keep it just in case I need to send it. And this time I am using the Horsham address.

And that's my NCO saga .... so far.

I think the issue is (correct me if I'm wrong, blu) that NCO just keeps calling despite the DV. And not just once or twice either, but 42 times in 2 weeks.

As far as the revised letter, I think it's fine. You might move the bullet list up, and remove the parts of the first paragraph which duplicate, i.e:

"Your company has already committed several violations of the FDCPA codes, including:

[bullet list here]

Your company has also failed to respond to my previous written communication that I sent..."

I would send the letter anyway, even if it is only 3 weeks after the first. The fact that they are aggressively pursuing collections and ignoring your letter is enough to warrant a second letter.

Thanks. I'll keep working at it. Apparently, the DV I sent them w/the addy I got off my cr's is wrong. It's been forwarded to another NCO addy. Sigh. So, I'll wait another week, two at the most, to see if I have to send them a follow-up. So, every complaint I made w/the BBB, FTC, AG's, they have the incorrect info. I have a feeling the account number reported is incorrect as well. This is unbelievable. :(

Any ideas as to what should I do? Wait till, if, they get the original letter? USPS didn't tell me what address it was forwarded to. They still call about 5x a day and still no dunning letter from them.