Dunning Letter from CA, Not on CRs

virginiabound

DH got another Dunning Letter from a CA (can't remember the name of it at the moment) for around $70 for Movie Gallery. (forgetful hubby didn't take back a couple of movies :roll:)

The debt is his and is well within SOL.

How would we go about getting something in writing from them saying that they will not report to his CRs if we pay?

Which is the best way to proceed?

DH got another Dunning Letter from a CA (can't remember the name of it at the moment) for around $70 for Movie Gallery. (forgetful hubby didn't take back a couple of movies :roll:)

The debt is his and is well within SOL.

How would we go about getting something in writing from them saying that they will not report to his CRs if we pay?

Which is the best way to proceed?

I would dv right away before the 30 day window expires. Make them provide you with documentation of this debt. After you dv dispute with the cra's or as we call it around here the 1-2 punch. Good luck!

I know all about the 1-2 punch, but as I said, this IS NOT on his credit reports so there would be no way to dispute with the CRAs. Neither the OC or CA are on there.

I'll try and deal with the OC, but I'm thinking if we can get something in writing from the CA stating that they WON'T report to his credit reports if we pay, it might just be easier.

If we were to go this route, which is better, to ask in writing, or to just call, ask and wait until they send something?

I'd leave the CA out of it except to DV them. Take your money to Movie Gallery and pay the $70. Hopefully the CA will go away and OC has their money.

My DH owed Movie Gallery a few years back. Same thing, he's forgetful! Got a letter from a CA. I sent him straight down there to pay. Never heard from the CA again and nothing ever showed on our reports. If I remember correctly, it was an internal collection dept for Movie Gallery.

Good Luck

Pay the OC if you can, tell them it was a simple slip-up (you forgot, whatever). The damage a CO would do to your scores, and the time you would spend recovering, is far more important than a $70 bill.

I agree completely. Also, if it isn't on your CR's--it soon will be and I wouldn't take the ding over 70.00, but that's me. Call the OC and see if this can be worked out.

Elyse