Summons and Complaint

Guest Kismet

Guest Kismet

Hi, I'm new here ... and I LOVE this place I wish I'd have looked BEFORE all of this mess I'm in.

Heres whats going on - I have a summons and complaint from LVNV Funding - (Sears Card). I KNOW its my debt ... I'm just financially strapped.

It says I'm being sued (The debt is about 4 years old I think) ... I want to make arrangements.

YES I was told this would happen - I thought when the lawyer said it would happen - that meant it was done. I had no CLUE I could have spoken to him then - YES I've ignored him because I talked to them a while back and said "HEY I have no money to pay you ... stop calling". *not too smart*

I'm to file a written answer with the court - (I can mail them right?). I really have nothing to say - it's my debt ... I need to make arrangements or something.

I just came out of this with another company - I didn't respond - they garnished my income taxes *which was fine with me*. I have no "real" job ... so these people cannot garnish anything - I own nothing.

Should I NOW contact the lawyer and make arrangements and tell them that I will start the arrangment once they have removed this summons (or however it works) ... and go from there? I want to do the right thing THIS TIME.

I'm sorry this is long ... I appreciate ANY help - I'm still looking around the board and taking notes but it seems that most of the posts want to dispute it - I'm not disputing ... I just can't afford the $5488.66.

Thanks for being here -

Your options are:

1) Go to court and make them prove their case.

2) Contact them and make payment arrangements. (GET IT IN WRITING)

You don't want another judgment, it potentially could be around forever.

Consider bk?

-r