Just Found 3 CA Not Licensed

Sobe420

I was looking at the florida governemnt web site. I just found 3 CA that are not licensed in the State of Florida. That are on my CRA. Also, one has an address that does not match at all. OSI for medical bills? So, is that good enough to DV and it is out of SOL except the OSI?

Does Florida absolutely require licensing? Some states allow for reciprocity with other states. Also, if they aren't on the list, does that really mean they are not licensed?

I may be a little more paranoid than you, but depending on how much you owe, if you ITS them, they could either sell the debt to someone licensed and take you to court or just pay the $250-ish and get licensed just to come after you. Personally, that's what I'd do if I ran the company.

Would calling a CA and requesting a letter be a violation? Sounds like entrapment to me. Plus, would it be considered collection activity, or simply fulfillment of request?

According to Florida Statues it says they must have a license to collect in the state. I went to the official Florida government site and found a few not having a license. I hope I am not reading it wrong though. ALso, I thought the same thing about calling. I think I am better off just writting a letter saying...Hey found you on my CR please Validate the debt??

According to Florida Statues it says they must have a license to collect in the state.

Be careful here. JDB's (although they are debt collectors practically everywhere else on the planet) are not seen as such by FLDFS. I think they are wrong on their interpretation, but right or wrong they're not requiring these guys to be licensed. They are referring to them as "repruchasers", not debt collectors.

Ok, how do you dertermine if its a JDB? Right now I am trying to deal with CBCS CA. Which they are in Ohio, according to the sticky OH does not require license. But Florida does and I cannot find the CBCS anywhere in either state as being licensed. When I try to google CBCS it says that they are licensed and bonded in all 50 states? The debt is out of SOL so they really cannot come after me to SUE. I just want it off my CR!