My sister gave up her leased car

She called me today and said she could not make the payments and gave it back, she asked what happens next and I don't know.

From what I understand, the lease was for 3 years, she had the car 1 year, so I assume she will be held for the balance of the lease amount.

She is in over her head, she bought a house and a car as soon as she was released from bankruptcy...she is working 2 jobs and has already taken out a second mortgage of the house for repairs they did not do.

I told her get a cheap car and lie low for awhile, get caught up on the bills and then reevaluate her situation later

She will not be liable for the remainder of the lease. The lease is now VOID and it's going to go down just like a repo would. They are going to auction the car off and whatever doesn't get covered will be a deficiency that she MAY be liable for. I say, MAY, b/c there are a lot of loops the OC must go through before they can claim a deficiency. how long ago did she turn the car over? do an advanced search for "repo" with my user name. I have put lots of info out there. :goodluck: