Need verification on statute of repose

ad2s07

I know there are many threads on this topic, and trust me I have tried to read all of them. However, I am a little confused and need some clarification, if yall don't mind.:confused:

As you can see I'm in Mississippi and I know that it is illegal to collect a debt past the SOL. But does this include reporting, I thought that reporting was a form of collection. I'm reading some say they can report past the SOL and others say they can't. Clarification would be a big help. Also a link to read this law or where it can be found would also be helpful.

Thanks!

I have a med collection--with a zero balance. CA refuses to remove and I am thinking of going ballistic after all other options are exhausted...

Sending 250 Faxes a month on black paper...

calling every other day---

emailing the CEO every day

I've got bigger fish and dont really want to sue but dammm!!!

I would guess that they might still be able to report, but with a $0 balance. Although a collection acct with a $0 balance might be kinda silly.

I dunno.

So what you are saying is they should not be reporting at all if it is past SOL. And if they are there should be a $0 balance. If this is true someone please let me know so I can take the next steps. Thanks!