Judgment w/ Wolpoff if Paid will they remove from CR?

Believe

I have this judgment from when I thought the best course of action when being sued was no action. Question, when I pay this judgment off do you think if I ask the Wolfs Wolpoff & A** to remove they will?

Has anyone had any success with W & A removing anything when asked or do they just give you their butt to kiss?

Also, this judgment is for Hecht's an old May Department Store. Do I pay W & A the money or do I pay the new owner Macy's? :confused:

Question, when I pay this judgment off do you think if I ask the Wolfs Wolpoff & A** to remove they will?

I would get it in writing before you pay anyone. You always pay the plaintiff that obtained the judgment, no matter who the original debt was with. If you like you can pay the court clerk directly and not even worry about the CA or OC.

The best way would be to pay it, since it may hinder you if/when you want to buy a home. Remember, just because they won a judgment does not guarantee payment, so the plaintiff may be willing to settle with you if you call them up. I might offer 25% to be done with it today. They might counter at 50%, but usually you can work out a deal somewhere in between. Get it in writing.

The best way to get rid of it from a CRA standpoint is to delete any old addresses tied to the judgment. Then dispute it as "no such judgment of record from this Court, for this date, for this amount".

I have this judgment from when I thought the best course of action when being sued was no action. Question, when I pay this judgment off do you think if I ask the Wolfs Wolpoff & A** to remove they will?

Wolfs Wolpoff has no control over whether or not a judgment stays on your credit report. Once a judgment has been found against you it becomes public record. That is how it ends up on a credit report.

Also, this judgment is for Hecht's an old May Department Store. Do I pay W & A the money or do I pay the new owner Macy's?

If you intend to pay the judgment, you would have to pay the attorney as reflected in the judgment itself since they are the legal representative of whichever company filed against you. Once you pay, the attorney will deliver to you a Satisfaction of judgment paper along with a note saying to file it or it will be reported on your credit report. Once again not the attorney's choice, it's more of a 30 day grace by the courts to satisfy the debt so it doesn't get reported. There is a fee to file this paper with the courts, usually about $5. If you lose it, it costs $50 to get a replacement from the serving attorney.

On the other hand, if you DON'T pay the judgment, depending on the amount, they may decide to garnish your wages and that could be anywhere from 25%-40% of your disposable income.

I just finished taking care of my fiance's judgments. Once they were satisfied, I disputed with the CRA as satisfied/vacated and they fell right off. Was a bit of a pain running around the courthouse but we got a positive result. Hope this helps.