TU Settlemen Inquiry on report

I'm wondering if anyone might have an idea about this.........

This morning I pulled my credit report and saw a new hard inquiry on my TU report by TU Settlemen.

Is this some type of collection agency or maybe does it have something to do with the TU Truecredit settlement?? Any ideas?

I'm wondering if anyone might have an idea about this.........

This morning I pulled my credit report and saw a new hard inquiry on my TU report by TU Settlemen.

Is this some type of collection agency or maybe does it have something to do with the TU Truecredit settlement?? Any ideas?

I did a search on google and found this:

About TransUnion Settlement Solutions

TransUnion Settlement Solutions, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of

TransUnion, is a leading provider of residential lending products and

services. We combine extensive industry experience, innovative

technological capabilities and visionary leadership to offer a single

source for best-in-class information and process management solutions.

[...]We help our customers nationwide manage and grow their businesses

by providing them with the tools they need to find prospects, make

wise lending decisions and close loans quickly and efficiently.”

http://www.transunionssi.com/aboutUs.htm

I don't know if this helps.

Thanks!! that did help I called TU and found that another company wanted my report and they used that TU Settlement to pull my report Seems strange to me that the other company didn't just directly pull it??

The reason why you probably didn't get a direct pull is because the credit bureaus do not allow all businesses to subscribe to their services.

The reason I know this is that as an owner of a CPA firm, I attempted to subscribe so that I could pull reports directly (professional standards require that we pull credit reports in certain cases) and they turned me down, but referred me to a credit report reseller in my area, who has setup an account for me.