How should I request a refund?

Okay... my settlement company has gotten their letter that tells them that they no longer have POA and that I'm not going to continue with their "services". The letter was super short and to the point. I sent it via certified mail and they got it on Monday.

So... should I open another can of worms and ask them for a refund? I suppose it couldn't hurt to try... although they are probably going to try to get the rest of their "retainer fee" out of me (but my attorney has already told me that they cannot enforce that and I don't have to pay them). I have proof that they weren't doing what they said they were doing... should I confront them about it and ask for a refund? How should I got about doing it? Should I write them a formal complaint and mail it to them? Or should I call them up and ask to speak to someone in charge... then get good and mad over the phone?

If they breached the contract by not doing what they said they were gonna do (according to your attorney), you'd be entitled to your money back. You might have to sue them to get it back. However I am of the opinion that companies like this don't want too much bad press. They know deep down they are not the angels they claim to be and don't want the FTC breathing down their neck. Cause a ruckus and get a refund. Just mentioning that you've spoken to a lawyer about your situation could be enough.

If it were me, I'd probably write a letter to their legal counsel. It would be a simple "I want my money back. I'm not playing. I've already gotten a green light from the attorney and this is my effort to resolve things amicably. Let me know which way you wanna go" letter.

If I write a formal letter... should I include some of my "proof"? It would be print-offs from e-mails and stuff like that. I could get statements from my creditors saying that they were never contacted... that is, if they would do that for me.

Sorry... I hate to be a pain but no one answered my question. I'm no good at what is legally in my best interest.

If I write them a formal letter asking for a refund... should I include some of my evidence showing that they did not hold up their end of the agreement? Or should I just say that I have evidence and threaten to take this to the BBB and FTC and whoever else I can think of?

I thought I answered your question. :shrug:

You answered my first one... but I asked a second one. It's about including evidence with my letter... I don't know what would be in my best interest as far as that goes. Could that screw up my legal stuff later on down the road or would it help me?

Okay... so what would be the best evidence? Should I get written statements from my creditors saying that they were never informed? And then include copies of e-mails and their website advertisement showing where it says the creditors would be informed and cooperate? LOL!