It stands for Financial Review. AmEx seems to be famous for it. There is a post on an article about it happening around somewhere, I'll look for it. Anyway LNY was always warning people about it in the gigantic AmEx thread. They will give you the large CLs, then shut down access to all of them or drop your CLs which in turn can also cause a nightmare for your CR as a whole. They want to see tax returns, pay stubs, etc. to show that you can actually afford these large CLs they gave you.

It stands for Financial Review. AmEx seems to be famous for it. There is a post on an article about it happening around somewhere, I'll look for it. Anyway LNY was always warning people about it in the gigantic AmEx thread. They will give you the large CLs, then shut down access to all of them or drop your CLs which in turn can also cause a nightmare for your CR as a whole. They want to see tax returns, pay stubs, etc. to show that you can actually afford these large CLs they gave you.

OMG, WHOA!! I tell ya, this is a great subject to go over because it shows you how very important it is to stay at a good utilization...that when, IF this happens to you than you can pay it off quickly and hopefully NOT have your credit score/files tanked. Goodness.

Elyse

i will just PIF an than use a different one, i have a visa with 10k, and but it was nice to have the skymiles for 1 month , but maybe they found out im just joe smo, with a wallet full of sub prime cc, crap1, bank1, ect.

they found out im an imposter.

thx

sam

Awww....you're not an imposter, you're someone trying to rebuild their credit AND be a good consumer! That shouldn't be punished, it should be rewarded and if they want to start dictating to folks how to use their product than they need to consider doing a rebuilder sort of a plan, that way they can be up front off the get go--Yeah, I guess if it were me I'd pay it up in full, that way if they decrease my CL than it won't hurt my FICO. Than, I probably wouldn't use it again....I'd take my business elsewhere.

Elyse

After your experiences, I ran over to AMEX and made a 200.00 payment! Thankfully, our CL is only 500.00 but I'm trying to help dh learn about utilization. He has the head of a STONE. But slowly but surely he's coming around. With the Amex I think I may have used it more though...I'm an AU on it, not that this matters per se anymore...lol.

Elyse

As long as you did not give any false info with your application, you should be just fine. IMO many people open too many Amex cards without age, or open many other TL's during or after their approval and they are always doing AR's and see this and worry that your income might not support your CL's.

• 2 weeks later...

I went through the review process, gave permission to pull previous year's tax return and the end result was that all my cards were cancelled. My previous years income was less than I make this year due to a change in jobs. The new job increased my income about 10K. I attempted to explain this to the CSR, and provide paystubs, but was told that because the accounts were already closed, that the only thing that I could do was reapply. Also, later on, after 6 mos of on time payments, my account was turned over to a collection agency. The first notice I had was of the collection agency calling me at work. Needless to say I was not happy. That evening I went home and paid the full 5K in full. AMEX is a terrible creditor. BEWARE!