Blu

NCO actually left a message

NCO called, like for the hundredth time, and one of their reps actually left a message (first time ever) asking for a Martin Metcalf to call back at 1-877-803-8009, and to use reference number xxxxx. I'm not sure if this is a ruse to get me to call back, or, they are actually looking for that person but just have the wrong number ... I know, I'm being paranoid, but I don't trust them since I am also in their system. Should I ignore it or call back to see what's going on?

I've been getting calls from Allied Interstate for months and months.

I don't have anything with them, and when I mistakenly (before this site)

called to tell them they had the wrong number for the person they are asking for , the calls just got worse.

It's just a recording, but still irritating.

If they did not ask for you, why on earth would you call them??? Even if they do call and ask for you, I am not certain if it would be a good idea to speak with them over the phone, unless you are going to pay them. If not, correspond with them only in writing; they can be very tricky and may get you to say something that would screw you in the end.

They've been calling my number going on 3 months now, this was the first time a person left a message with a name. I did the DV, complaints to FTC, BBB, AG's. Long story actually. Anyway, I've read here and on other boards that when they do have the wrong number, and u won't give them any personal info (like ss #), they keep calling anyway. Just a bunch of grief. I'm not sure if I want them to give me more grief than they already have.

If they did not ask for you, why on earth would you call them??? Even if they do call and ask for you, I am not certain if it would be a good idea to speak with them over the phone, unless you are going to pay them. If not, correspond with them only in writing; they can be very tricky and may get you to say something that would screw you in the end.

I've done the whole DV and complaint thing. The reason they have kept calling is because I have never called them back. I have answered a few times and they always hang up. Idiots. They call every day though and that has gotten annoying. I reckon I'll eventually have to have the number changed.

Might as well call them. What is the worst that can happen on the phone, they say something stupid then you laugh and hang up.

I have fun when I call creditors, what can they do over the phone?Call them names.

:) I wish I had your attitude. I think if I do call back, no matter how curious I am, the calls will even get worse.

I am sorry that you are experiencing annoying calls.

I am not sure, but I think if you ask them, or tell them do not call you, but only correspond to you in writing they have to comply. Check the boards, but I am almost positive this is the case.

Aren't they off of your reports now?

Listen call them from a payphone, or cell, tell them they've been calling your number constantly and left a message for Martin Metcalf and that they have the wrong number, and that they need to update their records or get his current number and stop calling you or you will turn them into their state AG.

Tell them your an educated consumer and that you are not the person their looking for, but the calls are harassing at this point and your one step away from having law enforcement put a trap on your phone line and then taking legal action against them, make sure you get the point across that they have become disruptive to your life, and changing your phone number would cause further chaos for you.

Obviously you do not have to give them your name or any personal info, except that somehow they have your number and are leaving messages for someone you've never heard of and it's beyond harassment at this point.

If they push or pressure you for your name push right back and tell them no way in a million years, you might even say that you did a little research on their company and found out they have been sued recently by the federal and state government.

Lastly blu, I highly doubt they are after you personally, I'm familiar with the amount you owe from our talks in PM, this sounds like they really are after Martin for a larger sum, they phone company has a habit of reassigning numbers almost immediately these days, maybe you have his old number.

I am not sure, but I think if you ask them, or tell them do not call you, but only correspond to you in writing they have to comply. Check the boards, but I am almost positive this is the case.

It's OK :) I've written to them and have told them to stop and to only correspond by mail, hasn't worked. You think complaints to the BBB and their Attorney General, as well as mine, would have stopped them ... but no ... lol. I'm looking forward to the day when it'll feel strange that I'm not getting calls!

Aren't they off of your reports now?

Listen call them from a payphone, or cell, tell them they've been calling your number constantly and left a message for Martin Metcalf and that they have the wrong number, and that they need to update their records or get his current number and stop calling you or you will turn them into their state AG.

Tell them your an educated consumer and that you are not the person their looking for, but the calls are harassing at this point and your one step away from having law enforcement put a trap on your phone line and then taking legal action against them, make sure you get the point across that they have become disruptive to your life, and changing your phone number would cause further chaos for you.

Obviously you do not have to give them your name or any personal info, except that somehow they have your number and are leaving messages for someone you've never heard of and it's beyond harassment at this point.

If they push or pressure you for your name push right back and tell them no way in a million years, you might even say that you did a little research on their company and found out they have been sued recently by the federal and state government.

Lastly blu, I highly doubt they are after you personally, I'm familiar with the amount you owe from our talks in PM, this sounds like they really are after Martin for a larger sum, they phone company has a habit of reassigning numbers almost immediately these days, maybe you have his old number.

Hi Sultan! I've had my number for four years now, perhaps I might have his old number but have never gotten collection calls for him before. It just seems fishy to me. I can call them from my cell, which is a blocked number, can they see it anyway? I don't need them calling my cell number. Actually, I might call them from a pay phone, if I can find one! lol.

I'll get tough on them, I'm tired of this, really am. I'll follow your advice though and thank you.

Oh, and yes, they are off my reports.

Hi Sultan! I've had my number for four years now, perhaps I might have his old number but have never gotten collection calls for him before. It just seems fishy to me. I can call them from my cell, which is a blocked number, can they see it anyway? I don't need them calling my cell number. Actually, I might call them from a pay phone, if I can find one! lol.

I'll get rough on them, I'm tired of this, really am. I'll follow your advice though and thank you.

Gotcha, maybe this Martin dude has a number thats close or a digit off and they have fat fingers and entered it incorrectly to match your number, I agree its weird, but it could be something as simple as that, I know they been a pain in your neck for a while now.

Yeah a pay phone sounds like the way to go, thats true they might start spamming your cell number with calls, lol.

OK GL with it. & YW :)

Gotcha, maybe this Martin dude has a number thats close or a digit off and they have fat fingers and entered it incorrectly to match your number, I agree its weird, but it could be something as simple as that, I know they been a pain in your neck for a while now.

Yeah a pay phone sounds like the way to go, thats true they might start spamming your cell number with calls, lol.

OK GL with it. & YW :)

I think there's a pay phone in the next town (yup, live in the middle of nowhere), and call them during the week. If they call looking for Martin again, then I'll know for sure it's not me they're after. But the reason I think it's for me is because when I first checked my cr a few months ago they had only reported to TU, and TU does not have my current phone number. When I checked recently, they had reported to the other two CB's and they do have my current number, I figure that's when NCO began the calls. So who knows? My NCO saga continues ....

Take care!

The solituon to your problem is easy really.

Here's the thing,

if they have a microgram of suspicion that Martin is there, they will keep calling... period!

By you not answering the phone you 'confirm' it.

IIWYIW send a C&D letter, for that person, that reference number, at that phone number and include that all calls are tracked, recorded and monitored....

only then will you get some peace.

don't sign it, but do give them a return address from any "martin metcalf'

in your city, ( preferably a martin who has an unlisted number otherwise that

new martin will start getting the endless calls from NCO) :-)

do this

so when they search it with their own skip tracing software it will be confirmed.

Problem solved....

:-)

you could send a C&D letter, for that person, that reference number, at that phone number and include that all calls are tracked, recorded and monitored....

that should stop all the calls for Martin to your phone number.

They won't try and sue me if I send a C&D? They have a debt in my name. It's only for a $100 or so. But knowing NCO, they would try and sue. No?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Believe

Originally Posted by Blu

It's OK I've written to them and have told them to stop and to only correspond by mail, hasn't worked. You think complaints to the BBB and their Attorney General, as well as mine, would have stopped them ... but no ... lol. I'm looking forward to the day when it'll feel strange that I'm not getting calls!

Well, technically, you can send them another C&D letter, via Cert sig req demanding that they stop contacting you since you obviously aren't this person. I hope you saved that voice message. If they continue contacting you after that, take the evidence you have and just sue them for purposely harassing you. You would have a clear cut case.

Well, technically, you can send them another C&D letter, via Cert sig req demanding that they stop contacting you since you obviously aren't this person. I hope you saved that voice message. If they continue contacting you after that, take the evidence you have and just sue them for purposely harassing you. You would have a clear cut case.

Aye, I saved the message. I could use the money if I sued though! lol

I called and I did not give any info regarding me. I gave that guys name and the ref#, the rep quoted me my number and I told him that I've had that number for 4 years now and have never gotten a call for Martin Metcalf. The rep told me that they'll remove my number within 72 hours. We'll see ...

if they stop calling than good, your done....

but if they don't (which is more likely- because what happens is that

these accounts get shuffled from one agent to the next all doing their own

independent little investigation and finding your number

somewhere on the internet connected to this Martin guy.

so if they keep calling

than that's when you send the C@D letter...

make it look like it's from Martin, (no reference to you

whatsoever)

that's the point of not signing it and giving some other Martin Metcalfs

name in your city with an unlisted number.

if they stop calling than good, your done....

but if they don't (which is more likely- because what happens is that

these accounts get shuffled from one agent to the next all doing their own

independent little investigation and finding your number

somewhere on the internet contected to this Martin guy.

so if they keep calling

than that's when you send the C@D letter...

make it look like it's from Martin, (no reference to you

whatsoever)

that's the point of not signing it and giving some other Martin Metcalfs

name in your city with an unlisted number.

Is that legal?! lol. Yeh, I doubt they'll stop calling. I'd rather sue and try and get some money off of them. ;) I can't believe this entire time when NCO has been calling it's been for someone else. Good grief.