Crap One is gone!!!!

aadam101

Crap one has a 30 day late from 1/03 on a closed acct. I have tried to get it off with about 3 "never late" disputes. It came off of tu.

I sent Crap one a doctrine of estoppel letter and they wanted more info.

Should I dispute with them as "not mine" or would that hurt my score? If so how bad?

What reason did you use?

AAdam101 "A late from 4 years ago isn't hurting you that much. It would probably hurt more if it got deleted. You may want to leave it alone."

Why would a delete hurt more if it is being reported as a late pay? Wouldn't it be more advantageous to have an impeccable report?

AAdam101 "A late from 4 years ago isn't hurting you that much. It would probably hurt more if it got deleted. You may want to leave it alone."

Why would a delete hurt more if it is being reported as a late pay? Wouldn't it be more advantageous to have an impeccable report?

The account shows history. My score went down when I got an old charge off deleted. If that account disappears it will drop his score. If EVERYTHING else on the CR is perfect then I would probably mess with that account. The OP probably has things that are hurting him much more than that. Personally, I would leave it alone.

edit: I think I misunderstood your question. I suppose my original response should have been "It will probably hurt more if the WHOLE TL gets deleted. Often times disputing lates on a closed account just gets the TL deleted."

RayvonTCO didn't have a CO. He stated it was a closed account with one late payment. It sounds to me like he closed it himself. If it was a CO then I would dispute even if my score did drop but for ONE late payment it is probably better off on the CR.