Looking for a used car loan on a 1991 vehicle

Want an older modified car. Navy Federal will only give me a personal loan with a higher interest rate since they don't provide car loans for vehicles older than 8 yrs. In addition, they are jerking me around about the loan asking me for one piece of documentation after another.

I need to get moving along.

Do you know of anywhere where I can still get an auto loan on an older car at a decent rate? (Especially one that pulls from EQ?)

Thanks!

it's well documented on this site that crap1 pulls all 3, I had them skid across all 3 then kick me over to roadloans I think it was who also skidding across all three. Both gave me nice fat rejection letters too.

As to a loan on a 1991, I doubt any bank will touch it. It's to old, had no retail value and modifacations for the most part mean zilch or worse to a bank (a big engine or racing mods are a HUGE turn off to a bank)..

it's well documented on this site that crap1 pulls all 3, I had them skid across all 3 then kick me over to roadloans I think it was who also skidding across all there. Both gave me nice fact rejection letters too.

As to a loan on a 1991, I doubt any bank will touch it. It's to old, had no retail value and modifacations for the most part mean zilch or worse to a bank (a big engine or racing mods are a HUGE turn off to a bank)..

I am applying for a HELOC for 10k off of bank of america. I could use just a portion of the money and then pay it right back if they approve me.

Try for a personal loan at penfed. They only check equifax. If not a member, it will cost $25 to join. They have lots of great offers and rates.

Thanks for that, but so does Navy Fed and they still told me to take a walk and my Fico with EQ is pretty doggone high.

They are mad because I just switched jobs and they refused to take my previous emplyoment history of over 2 years into consideration.

Prosper does a soft pull from Experian, then if you get funded, before they release the money they do a hard pull. So, you don't risk a hard pull unless you've got prior approval AND funding. Sweet deal.

Only problem is, they also only report to Ex, so, it's not that great for credit building purposes.

Wow, I have too many baddies on EX.

Too bad it's not EQ.

Can't you eat Ramen for 3 days and buy one for the $20 you saved without getting funded? A 10yo Honda Accord in great condition is worth about $5K. Can't imagine a 16-yo Eagle Talon is going to be worth much at all. What's the asking price?

(Those sure are fun. My former college roommate still has his '94 Talon. My '95 Accord smoked him over and over, before I was paid $150 by a junkyard to turn it into a cube.)

• 2 weeks later...
Can't you eat Ramen for 3 days and buy one for the $20 you saved without getting funded? A 10yo Honda Accord in great condition is worth about $5K. Can't imagine a 16-yo Eagle Talon is going to be worth much at all. What's the asking price?

(Those sure are fun. My former college roommate still has his '94 Talon. My '95 Accord smoked him over and over, before I was paid $150 by a junkyard to turn it into a cube.)

Bought it for $2800. I found another way to get the car.

Your roomates talon must have been a base model talon. I can't envision a 95 accord beating an AWD eagle talon turbo. That is highly illogical.

Any Honda "Accorn" that I ever "raced" was consistently "smoked" by my old Sentra SE-R which was in essence worlds behind the Talon in speed.

Oh well, now I have my fun car without going into the "ramens".

Bought it for $2800. I found another way to get the car.

Your roomates talon must have been a base model talon. I can't envision a 95 accord beating an AWD eagle talon turbo. That is highly illogical.

Congrats man. Thats great. So what are the plans for the car?

I'm sure the other posters car was a base automatic talon. A turbo awd talon will run low 14/high 13 second 1/4 mile times with a few mods. A honda accord, even the 5 speed V6 model, would only run mid 15's if they were lucky.

Congrats man. Thats great. So what are the plans for the car?

I'm sure the other posters car was a base automatic talon. A turbo awd talon will run low 14/high 13 second 1/4 mile times with a few mods. A honda accord, even the 5 speed V6 model, would only run mid 15's if they were lucky.

Thanks, heh well you are correct. This is probably a 12 second car, quite a few mods.

I thought it was going to be my daily driver, but I think my 92 protege will live on with that role.

AWD should make it a nice car in the winter.

I have a family now, so not quite so sure why I got something like this. I had one 5 yrs ago and I was immature back then. That car blew up and I never could quite live down the loss.

I plan on taking it easy with this monster especially in Virginia. Car has a luxurious feel in the front seats I swear. It feels better than my G20 in that respect.