LeslieR

Americredit -- anyone have problems?

I have had an account with Americredit since 1/05. Of course the terms are not favorable, but later, I tried to refinanace and was turned down by both Americredit and HSBC.

I now come to find out (I was not regularly monitoring my credit report until recently) that Americredit has inaccurately reported me as 30 days late FIVE times!!!! I have pulled all of my bank statements and online banking records since the inception of the loan, and not only has my payment been on time, it has cleared their payment processing system prior to 30 days every time.

I am sending them a dispute and in it asked for detailed statement of amounts and dates of all payments received on this account. I can then counter with my own documentation if they come back and say their records are accurate.

But I am wondering if this is common practice by Americredit in an effort to hinder account holders' efforts to refi at a lower rate????????

Also, interestingly, I disputed this online with all three CRAs and Equifax came back and said that the investigation was complete and that my record had been "updated." When I compare the new tradeline to the old one, absolutely nothing has changed except that it reflects my last payment and new balance.

Anyone have any negatives to report on Americredit?

I have a repo with them. My car was valued at $5000. They sold it at auction for $1100. They are now saying that I owe them approx. $9000. Good luck with them. I actually gave up on them. It has been 4 years and they have not filed suit yet. They probably know I have nothing. Let us know how the outcome works.

Hello all: My first post everyone I have been lurking for awhile. Learning alot of the nuts and bolts to compliment what I thought I already knew:roll: I appreciate this site and all that care and contribute.

Forward to Americredit...yep had heartburn w/them. Phone never stopped ringing at home or work, total disregard. My marriage with them, their CA's and JDB is past the SOL as of last month. Americredit was worse than ANY CA/JDB I ever had to deal with.

Here may be a helpful link to most on this board just query the company you may be having problems with chances are you won't be alone + there is alot of useful info. Know thy enemy:twisted: another BBB acronym http://badbusinessbureau.com/

~He who borrows sells his freedom~

Anyone have any negatives to report on Americredit?

Yes these are horrid people. Although my ex was responsible for the account with them and I filed BK on them they are STILL trying to come after me for the debt. They called me at work one time and asked me where the vehicle was, I told them I had no idea the ex had it. I asked them why didn't they go and sue him instead of me. The guy laughed at me and said he wasn't sueable. I said what makes him think I was gonna pay the bill. He said I had to. I said here is my attorneys' number I filed BK, you are the weakest link, good bye.

I've had a car with them 21/2 yrs. Have 5 -30 day late from first

year, I've tried everything, even goodwill letters, nothing.

I think they have a evil secret with the 3 cra's. I dispute

every 30 days, just when I receive my response & always

the same, verified. But you can't lose hope, if anyone has any ideas

please tell. Will keep trying!!!

Marje, are those lates inaccurate, like mine? Have you sent canceled checks, and if so, what was the response?

Seriously, if they do not deal with this, I will be prepared to take them on. I have proof in stone that every single payment to them has been on time.

I appreciate everyone's response and don't mind the venting re. Americredit, but I am looking for other cases such as mine -- very specific instances of 30 day lates being reported when in fact there were no late payments. I think this could be a huge scam.

I would say that you definately need to follow the Disputing with Original Creditors link. Send everything CMRR and keep copies of everything you send and everything you get back. Dispute several times with the CRAs.

If none of those work, then I would send your dispute directly to the CEO. Google it to find out the corporate address etc. Send it FedEx, they'll sign for it. Explain that you have tried deperately to correct this problem following the proper protocol, but your attempts have been ignored.

Should this come down to a lawsuit, I think your best bet is to show that you exhausted all efforts in an attempt to correct the problem.

At the same time, as it appears that this account is still open, you need to make damn sure that all of your payments to them during your dispute are on time.

I would make me some money off that one.

1 Send letter to Americredit, detailing your displeasure. Do not mention FCRA. Just a whiney letter.

2 Dispute with CRA. Wait for verification.

3 Send follow up letter to Americredit.

4 Dispute again with CRA. Wait for verification.

5 Sue, use paperwork and letters as evidence for willful violations.