andknapp

Does Discover have no heart?

Seriously, come on people. I have a 30 day late that I was trying to get removed. It was from when my son was born this year and he was in the nicu. I stayed there constantly and as a result forgot to pay them which led to me paying them late, once.

When I sent a goodwill letter to them about this, they promptly sent me back a letter saying that it is reporting accurately and whatever. No crap it's accurate, I never said it wasn't. I can't stand Discover!!

Has anyone had luck getting lates removed from Discover and if so, what in the world did you put in the letter to get them taken off?

Maybe someone here has their CEO information. If I was in upper management and someone who'd OTHERWISE been an excellent consumer and was OTHERWISE never late had these issues, I'd remove it IMMEDIATELY.

Seek out some of the info for someone in upper management. Indicate that you are not denying that you were late or the accuracy of the reporting, you are merely asking for a goodwill gesture in light of the fact that it occurred due to an issue beyond your control.

In the end, you may have to accept that some companies literally don't have hearts, they're giant money suckers and that's about it. Good heavens, what if YOU were the one in the hospital??? Sheesh. Jerks. They're welcome to run their business anyway they choose, and you're welcome to take your business elsewhere and honestly, if that was done to me I just might do that.

I'm glad your child is ok, though. That must've been quite scary.

Elyse

I hear ya. I tried a goodwill letter with Discover as well and no bueno :). They sent me back the same letter you stated in your previous post. I know...It's horrible and they even asked me to apply for a new credit card with them. I smirked; the customer service is great, but no heart when it comes to removing items off your credit report :(

I had a similar issue, but was able to get them to delete the one late. I called to ask them to remove it, and they said they don't alter correct information, but they ARE able to change it if you have a problem with mail delivery!

It just so happened that I had moved into a new place about 3 months before my late payment and told them at the time I was having mail delivery issues. Since it was my only late, they deleted it and it updated with the credit bureaus that day.

It's worth a try. Worked for me. Good luck!!

I am having issues with discover as well. Here are the contacts I have.........

David W. Nelms, President & CEO

davidnelms@discoverfinancial.com

Carlos M. Minetti, Executive Vice-President

carlosminetti@discoverfinancial.com

Diane E. Offereins, Executive Vice-President

dianeoffereins@discoverfinancial.com

Ashoke Dutt, Executive Vice-President

ashokedutt@discoverfinancial.com

Margaret J. Bellock, Senior Vice-President

margaretbellock@discoverfinancial.com

Martin W. Slusarz, Senior Vice-President

martinslusarz@discoverfinancial.com

Bruce L. Osborne, Senior Vice-President

bruceosborne@discoverfinancial.com

Tom E. Dailey, Senior Vice-President

tomdailey@discoverfinancial.com or thomasdailey@discoverfinancial.com

Colleen Zambole, Vice-President

collenzambole@discoverfinancial.com

Cathy Edwards, Media Contact: cathyedwards@discoverfinancial.com

Beth Metzler, Media Contact: bethmetzler@discoverfinancial.com

Michele Martin: michelemartin@discoverfinancial.com

Leslie Mason: lesliemason@discoverfinancial.com

Daniel Collins: danielcollins@discoverfinancial.com

Mark Puttick: markputtick@discoverfinancial.com

Martin Dambrot: martindambrot@discoverfinancial.com

Paul Jakubowski: pauljakubowski@discoverfinancial.com

Rafal Szymczak: rafalszymczak@discoverfinancial.com

Tony Bedell: tonybedell@discoverfinancial.com

Vic Puodiziunas: vicpudiziunas@discoverfinancial.com

Santi Sirilan: santiagosirilan@discoverfinancial.com

Katie Mitchell: katiemitchell@discoverfinancial.com

Kevin Kellow: kevinkellow@discoverfinancial.com

Chalary Filipek: chalryfilipek@discoverfinancial.com

Ann Zhu: annzhu@discoverfinancial.com

Barb Bulger: barbbulger@discoverfinancial.com

Alicia Zatkowski: aliciazatowski@discoverfinancial.com

Sunil Mendu: sunilmendu@discoverfinancial.com

John Baipsys: johnbaipsys@discoverfinancial.com

Jeff Pukacz: jpukacz@discoverfinancial.com

Jim Ream: jimream@discoverfinancial.com

Jimmy Hurt: jimhurt@discoverfinancial.com

Nicole Biafore: nicolebiafore@discoverfinancial.com

James "Doug" Cleveland: jamesdcleveland@discoverfinancial.com

We have a legal requirement to accurately report both favorable and unfavorable information to credit bureaus, so we may not be able to change the reporting if it's accurate, but I will have this looked into further for you.

Yea, like they're actually gonna change it. I guess I s hould keep a little hope though since he's at least going to look into it for me. The rest of them all said no before I could finish the question.

We have a legal requirement to accurately report both favorable and unfavorable information to credit bureaus, so we may not be able to change the reporting if it's accurate, but I will have this looked into further for you.

Yea, like they're actually gonna change it. I guess I s hould keep a little hope though since he's at least going to look into it for me. The rest of them all said no before I could finish the question.

When dealing with Applied Card Bank, I simply and politely stated; "I am aware you are to report accurately, but nowhere does the law state you HAVE to report." Good luck.

Elyse