Phartsmeller

Where To start Questions.

I had a Period of Negative Credit activety that took Place from about 2000 to 2001,Many of which accounts have been sold or turned over to Other Collectors.What Triggered My Need to repair My credit is the fact I am clueless as to how some of this works. The two current accounts That appear to be pursued by collectors,Some company called Palaides,and asswipe acceptance. The original date of last activety would have been in 2001,but since these 2 have picked up the collection process and report monthly,Does this ad another 7 yrs? And Some of these (about 7 accounts) have never had much of any attempt to collect. Does asking for debt validation potentially start the collection process all over? I am in Texas a 4 yr State to collect I believe.Being as Most Of the debts shown were at the 6 yr mark,I was gonna let it play it self out and fall off.But if these 2 collection bunches are gonna bring me down for another 7 yrs,Something needs to happen. Where should I start. I Appreciate any help.I looked thru some threads and with all the abreviations and new jargon to me I just Got a headache. Thanks in advance and I will keep you posted. Most experian score today is 582.It needs to get better .

:)++:)++ :)++ Welcome to CIC

I had a Period of Negative Credit activety that took Place from about 2000 to 2001,Many of which accounts have been sold or turned over to Other Collectors.

What Triggered My Need to repair My credit is the fact I am clueless as to how some of this works. The two current accounts That appear to be pursued by collectors,Some company called Palaides,and asswipe acceptance.

The original date of last activety would have been in 2001,but since these 2 have picked up the collection process and report monthly,Does this ad another 7 yrs?

No
And Some of these (about 7 accounts) have never had much of any attempt to collect. Does asking for debt validation potentially start the collection process all over?
No
I am in Texas a 4 yr State to collect I believe.Being as Most Of the debts shown were at the 6 yr mark,I was gonna let it play it self out and fall off. But if these 2 collection bunches are gonna bring me down for another 7 yrs,Something needs to happen. Where should I start.

Start by sending a Debt validation letter to all the colletion agencies who are trying to collect. If they cant validate the debt then they have to remove it so you wont have to be stuck seing then for another year.

I Appreciate any help.I looked thru some threads and with all the abreviations and new jargon to me I just Got a headache. Thanks in advance and I will keep you posted. Most experian score today is 582.It needs to get better .

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247970

FYI, Texans have a very strong code that must be followed in addition to the FDCPA. Read all the stickies before you start "repairing your credit", do a search for TDPA (I think it's Texax Debt Practice Act). :goodluck:

I sure need the Help. when Starting the dispute process with Credit reporting agencys.Would it be best to write an individual letter for each item,or just put them all on one page? It would seem to me that if you list them all on one page,that it might be viewed by one person only and deemed frivolous. Anyway Thanks Again..And I look forward to making something good Happen.

I sure need the Help. when Starting the dispute process with Credit reporting agencys.Would it be best to write an individual letter for each item,or just put them all on one page? It would seem to me that if you list them all on one page,that it might be viewed by one person only and deemed frivolous. Anyway Thanks Again..And I look forward to making something good Happen.

You can put them all on one page with no problem, however, if it something you think you might ever have to sue on, you want only that item on a dispute b/c it can be used against you in court. If you're not sure, you can make 4 or whatever number of separate disputes and send them all in the same letter.