lumburg

79 FICO points since July 10th!!!

I am shocked to see this myself but I've added 79 points to my real FICO in just over a month. I have been at work on this for less than two years. It seems that after getting a lot of old addresses off my report that a lot of the other information started to fall off. My last CA came off a few weeks ago and I got an email from Equifax score monitor saying that I had moved up to a different score card and my score jumped from 621 to 679! Almost at the magic 700 mark.

As a side note, anyone that has Jefferson capital Systems on your CR, go ahead and use the BBB web site for filing a complaint. I had sent countless DVs to them and to no avail. I sent my final one and hten filed a complaint with the BBB at the same time. Within 2 weeks they removed their TL from all CRs and the BBB followed up with me saying as much. I'm not sure if that was the straw that broke the camels back or what but it worked for me.

Thanks to all the great insight and advice, it's really helped to get me where I am today. Just 21 more points for me and I'm where I wanted to be!

Cheers

congrats. jefferson cap did a soft inq on me about 2 months ago. Don't know why, never heard of them before and don't have any fingerhut (I was told they handled fingerhut) accounts, didn't know who they were either. They did a soft and realized I wasn't the person they were looking for. I never heard from them. I guess if they were sure about themselves they would have done a hard. Anyway, congrats on your score jump!