JTsdaddy

NCO Dunning letter no validation

I dV NCO after recieving a dunning letter, They have not responded as of today thier 30 day deadline is Friday. Do they have 30 days to investigate or to respond.?

Also If I dont hear from them by say Monday what should I do? follow up letter, or just let it go

Please make sure you have proof of the dates, etc.

I have the letter dated, along with the CMRR number on the letter, l so if this has to got to court that that CM # was signed on this date, all related information is stapled to a copy of the original letter.

They never have to respond. However, they must cease all collection activity until they validate. If they are not reporting to the CRAs, just let it go and be happy.

-r

I thought they had to respond If requested :confused: :confused:

Also If I recieve another Dunning letter, should I let that go and let them build the violations or send another DV

I thought they had to respond If requested :confused: :confused:

Also If I recieve another Dunning letter, should I let that go and let them build the violations or send another DV

No, they do not have to respond to your DV request. They do have to cease collection efforts until they validate.

You may want to follow up with another letter, that way if they fail to correct the error they can't claim it was just an oversight. You need to show willful non-compliance to have a solid court case.

-r

I dV NCO after recieving a dunning letter, They have not responded as of today thier 30 day deadline is Friday. Do they have 30 days to investigate or to respond.?

Also If I dont hear from them by say Monday what should I do? follow up letter, or just let it go

razr is corrct, they don't have to respond but they do have to cease all collection activity until they do. JT, i would dispute with the CRA's if it is reporting and if it comes back verified you have them on the good ole' 1 2 punch.