Equifax is randomly adding old accounts?

Hey everyone..

So I've been in the process of doing some credit repair since I had found these forums. Today when I logged into my credit monitoring service, I had an alert which stated that Equifax added a Capital One account that I had in 1999 which had never before been on my Equifax report in the past.

How can they do that? Suddenly begin reporting an account that they've never reported in almost ten years? Is there an easy way for me to get them to remove that?

In other worldly news, my Experian score jumped five points since Friday - some of my disputes must be working. And my Equifax inquiries that I'm attempting to remove using the methods posted in this forum? So far - nada. No results. But I'll keep reporting!

=)

That is weird that you mentioned that lovebug, that happened to me as well, one of my old accounts from 1997, that stopped reporting in 2003 is now appearing as a new account. I received the alert on the 24th as well from my monitoring services. I wonder is this a gliche?????

8-):)++xdancex

You might want to double check on that because I had one pop up too but then it was gone again a couple of days later. Anyways, if the account is in good standing with no lates, COs, etc, I would just keep the account since it would end up helping you with age in the long run.

unfortunately it's 11:58pm and if i attempt to refresh my truecredit, i won't be able to check my report again until tomorrow at the same time. so i'm holding out until tomorrow morning so i can keep my little "24 hour refresh period" somewhat normal.

however, i'm still really irritated with equifax. and it's somewhat comforting to hear that other people have had this issue and that i'm not totally imagining things.

i do agree with jets though..i did dispute my cap1 with another bureau, which could have been the answer to my own question. :evil:

we'll see how aggressive i can get with this one!

BUMP. new status.

refreshed my scores and report today. was irritated to see that my EX score dropped the five points that it had gained last week. *sigh* and was also incredibly irritated to see that EQ added yet another account to my credit report, most likely thanks to me disputing that account with another CRA. fortunately for me, EQ has now double reported this account, so i know that i can get at least one off. ugh. irritating!

Well, lovebug, looks like we are two for two, I had another new account inquiry for an account that is already reporting and current and utilization is about 20%. So I dont know what is going on, if nothing changes by tomorrow, I will be calling EQ before they start messing up bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8-):)++xdancex

Bump.

Between this past Wednesday and today, EQ has made the decision to add the same account twice onto my report. This account was never previously reported on my report, is from 1998 (therefore the SOL is expired), and has been deleted from my other two reports.

Funny thing - the CA handling the account has made the decision to begin reporting to the CRA's under the non-abbreviated version of their company name. So if anyone has any accounts from AFNI, keep an eye on that.

:evil:

I've had the same problem. EQ and EX FICOs jumped 35-40 points after I started the disputes, but about 2 weeks in, deleted accts from TU showed up on EQ and EX, consequently, FICOs are dropping.

So if anyone has any accounts from AFNI, keep an eye on that.

Not to hijack the thread but, I have DV'd ANFI and reported them to BBB. They haven't responded to me and they continue to ignore BBB also. I keep track of the complaint online and I can tell BBB is gettin' p*ss*d!

I've had the same problem. EQ and EX FICOs jumped 35-40 points after I started the disputes, but about 2 weeks in, deleted accts from TU showed up on EQ and EX, consequently, FICOs are dropping.

Not to hijack the thread but, I have DV'd ANFI and reported them to BBB. They haven't responded to me and they continue to ignore BBB also. I keep track of the complaint online and I can tell BBB is gettin' p*ss*d!

Ugh. That's no good to hear, pointman. Hopefully we'll all get this worked out.

As for the AFNI information, thank you. Very good to know!