Feeling Victorious!

itrev82

So.. I decided to pull my FICO scores 2 days ago.. Lowest one was 619, highest was 660. I felt pretty good.. Hasn't been a year since my BK was discharged, but I am already moving up pretty quickly.

I think this forum has helped a lot as I read about some easy cards to get (Hooters, Target), but then I also had a strong credit history before my BK and I think that somehow is helping me.

When I opened a new checking account this last week they had to pull my credit and I had told her about my BK and wanting a line of credit. She said it was too recent, but she was shocked at my scores and my new trade lines since. She said give it some time and they would have no issue giving me the overdraft.

Keep at it.. It works. Time is all I need now. xdancex

• 7 months later...
LOL - I wish I would've found this board sooner too. It would've prevented me from paying out the wazoo to file for a bankruptcy that I most likely didn't need!

Looking back on it, I think I had other alternatives to filing the chapter 7, but filled it myself without a lawyer.