3 violations and they finally DV!

jrbauto1

:) Hello everyone. I was contacted by a collection agency. I DV'd timely and they did not validate. I have three well documented FDCPA violations on them.

My question is this. They have violated the FDCPA, after they provide DV; Can I still sue them for their past transgresions even though they have finally DV?

Thanks in advance....:confused:

Absolutely. Your right to sue over FDCPA violations is a completely separate affair. It doesn't matter if they validate, don't validate, stop all collections against you, or sue you.

The only limitation that I can think of is that you only have 1 year to bring the suit.

That said, you are perfectly capable of mingling the two, for example using their FDCPA violations as a bargaining chip to get them to settle for less. But as far as the courts are concerned, the two matters are separate.