simplysilky

No Credit Check furn. stores???

IMO it really sounds like the wrong time to strike for new furniture. You'll find some crazy good used stuff if you look though... people get stuck with all sorts of good large things they have no place for because they got impulsive or split-ups or for whatever reason... a lot of times they just want someone to please take it.

Try to find a new mattress though :wink:

I am with you SAW. I would op for a $20 air mattress(hey they even make them high now for about $50) or the floor before i use someone elses stuff. If it has to touch my skin then it is a no no.

I wasn't joking!

I'll be sleeping on the floor in my new home for months! lol

Been there..........think I was on the floor for like 8 months, my tv(which was borrowed and older than dirt - had no remote and had buttons you had to push) was on a super duper entertainment center (a cardboard box that wasn't unpacked yet) all my silverware if you can call it that was from resteraunts ....... yea yea i know my bad but I have repented for my devilish ways.

1st real piece of furniture I bought was an antique sofa for 20 that looked like it had been to hell and back but was structurally great went spent 60 on new fabric and recovered it ......most of my furniture has been from garage sales etc and I refinished and repaired the items for less than a quarter the cost of something new

Only a few things I wouldnt buy at a garage sale........... shoes, undies or mattresses

I think I'm going to have to do the "oldskool" thing....LAYAWAY! It's just so exciting to be able to buy your own home, but with bad credit, can't get a credit card to buy furniture. My scores will be ok in a couple of months--I got an attorney to assist me with an old repo, which is hurting my scores, and I have CJ....